Send Topic Print
sissy bar bag (Read 70 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
sissy bar bag
06/25/14 at 06:44:34

I spent some time searching and reading through posts before starting a new thread on this.
I need some on-board storage and thought I would start with a sissy bar bag.  I would prefer to run without the sissy bar (just for looks) but it's just too useful for me to remove it.  I currently strap a tactical bail out bag to it which carries my rain pants, extra gloves, bungee net etc.
I'd like to get a lockable sissy bar bag and probably hard mount it with a bolt.
Don't want anything too big.  Just enough for gloves, sunglasses etc.  If it's big enough to hold the rain pants, bonus.  They fold up pretty small.

I've been looking at the Saddlemen and the Vikings bag models.  They're ~ OK.
Anyone have some pics to share with a sissy bar bag similar to these mounted on your Savage/S40?
I'm looking for something that doesn't require a rack to sit on, is lockable and can be left on the bike securely.  As secure as any soft luggage on a bike will be, anyway.

Thanks in advance, Savages.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Re: sissy bar bag
Reply #1 - 06/25/14 at 09:27:27

If you haven't already, you may consider removing the stock tail light housing and installing a cat eye brake light under the fender.  For $10 this frees up a lot of real estate on the rear fender for luggage.  You can use the mounting holes from the stock light to secure your luggage to your bike.

http://www.amazon.com/HARLEY-CHOPPER-CATEYE-TAILLIGHT-LIGHTS/dp/B00D5QXUHQ/re...

I'm still waiting on my light to come in, as the only shipping on this item was super slow.  The price seems right, though.  My solution for security is a cable lock that could be run through the sissy bar and the zippers.  It's still a soft bag, and bolting it on wont really stop anybody from cutting it open.  IMHO, I may as well keep it accessible if I want to take it with me.

You and I have similar goals, so we might be able to bounce ideas off of each other.   Wink

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:26:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › sissy bar bag

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.