Send Topic Print
Great Weekend! (Read 66 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Great Weekend!
06/23/14 at 12:16:09

What a perfect weekend!  I rode my Savage to central Oregon to the top of this mountain where there are two lakes less than five miles apart. East Lake and Paulina) Huge fish in both. 19 inch rainbow trout and German brown trout up to 20 lbs. The record is 27 pounds which is a huge trout!  The weather was great and I chose a campsite where I was not near any of the other few campers in the park. I was kinda disappointed after I set up my tent to find another car pull up to the campsite next to me. Turned out it was a  pretty young woman almost half my age touring the country in rental cars. She was Austrian, now living in Germany and was sent here for several conventions in Urban planning around the states and had some free time between them. I rented a small boat and the boat rentals guys lent her a pole and sold her a one day fishing license and even lent her a helmet so I could take her for a ride on my motorcycle. Her first boat ride, her first fishing experience and her first motorcycle ride.  Caught several 17 to 19 inch rainbow trout and that evening we cooked them with lemon and butter and had a salad and baked beans. Went down by the lake  and and drank a couple of beers and we smoked a cigar. Her first also. Made a great friend and had a great ride. Beautiful country for sure. I rode almost 150 miles without ever seeing a traffic light and then after getting past Bend Oregon another 50 mile ride to the lake without any signals. As beautiful scenery as you can find anywhere.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Great Weekend!
Reply #1 - 06/23/14 at 12:23:16

lions and tigers and ... Austrians... oh my!

Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 06/23/14 at 15:39:01

I have a sneaky suspicion that stinger is only telling us half of the story  Grin

Sounds like a great weekend  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 06/23/14 at 15:55:41

Didn't happen if there are no pics. Wink
"I have a sneaky suspicion that stinger is only telling us half of the story  Grin"
As only a gentleman should.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 06/24/14 at 08:39:09

Does sound great. I hope you taught her how to eat trout and avoid the tiny bones.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 06/24/14 at 08:55:20

I wish there was more to the story but only in my dreams.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 06/24/14 at 19:02:43

stinger wrote on 06/24/14 at 08:55:20:
I wish there was more to the story but only in my dreams.

Sounds like you had a great time either way  Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #7 - 06/25/14 at 17:54:48

Sounds like you had a great time and made a new friend.  She'll probably remember that trip for a long time. Who knows, you may have converted someone else into being a rider too.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:29:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Great Weekend!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.