Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stripped screw in carb (Read 52 times)
PuffsPlus

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Stripped screw in carb
06/23/14 at 03:30:13

A few weeks ago I was doing a carb rebuild.  I figured that while I was in there I might as well do the epa spacer removal.

I pop the top and what do I see?  One of the screws are stripped.  Apparently the previous owner had been down in there.

SSo,  two problems here. 1)  I'm not sure how to tell if he was successful in removing the spacer. 2) I don't have an easy out that small and I am not sure that they make one that small.

I am preparing to do a filter, jet and muffler mod.  I want to do it right.  Dose anyone have any ideas?

Boldly going forward cause I can't find reverse!
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Re: Stripped screw in carb
Reply #1 - 06/23/14 at 03:39:53

« Last Edit: 06/23/14 at 04:54:25 by BalingWire »  

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #2 - 06/23/14 at 04:11:46

Try these  https://www.buyspeedout.com/iispout/13.0000/index.dtm?mid=4878734  I have some of these, can't remember where I bought them.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 06/23/14 at 07:26:31

Be very careful, stripped screw here is extremely hard/expensive to replace.  that slide is about $90.

I'd soak the bottom in acetone, don't get it on the rubber, it'll eat it right up.  maybe a little atf, but you want to dissolve whatever is locking it in.

then use a long skinny impact driver, HF has one that works.

If the head is stripped, then I'd consider sharpening the tip like a chisel and drive it into the head.

WWW   IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 06/23/14 at 08:15:39

Let us know what works for you so others can use the info.  I pulled my carb and broke it down for a cleaning this weekend.  Even after using penetrating oil and an impact screwdriver, I had to deal with 2 of the top screws and one of the TEV cover screws with drill/extractor combo.  One of my needle slide screws needed replacing, too, but I was able to get the original one out with lots of forward pressure and gentle turning.

The stock screws in my '08 are made of clay.  Angry

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 06/23/14 at 08:18:21

Would be good to post the replacement part numbers or where you got them and what sizes they were....very helpful info. Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 19:18:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stripped screw in carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.