Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chinese tablet vendors giving away Windows 8.1 (Read 33 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Chinese tablet vendors giving away Windows 8.1
06/22/14 at 20:14:24

MS had better review the terms of their "free" Win 8.1 with Bing plus permanent ad bars, because the Chinese are now giving away free firmware and software upgrades to the real McCoy Win 8.1 (no ad bars) on their various Chinese web pages.   For any size tablet (to heck with that less than 9" stuff).

http://liliputing.com/2014/06/chinese-tablet-makers-begin-offering-windows-8-...

Since there are very precise instructions on how to remove Android so as to be able to install your "hot copy" of Win 8.1 one wonders if MS might have actually had a hand in this little development after all.

We find it interesting that MS might possibly be cooperating with some select Chinese software pirates who are trying to move their MS Win 8.1 software into the Chinese main stream in the normal Chinese fashion.  

But please note:  MS still sure seems to want to leave all you law abiding American XP dudes out there in the cold with no upgrade rights at all.

Huh

It will be interesting to see if the Chinese folks will even go steal a hot copy of Win 8.1 or if the idea flops because the hot copy requires you to permanently scrape off any other OS products that you might already be using .....

In my way of thinking Win 8.1 would have to be clearly better than what you are using now to justify totally scrapping out the OS that you are using now .....  

.... so now we will find out what the Chinese software pirates in general think about this new concept.

Wink

(can't give it away, can't even get somebody to steal it)

« Last Edit: 06/23/14 at 07:26:38 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Chinese tablet vendors giving away Windows 8.1
Reply #1 - 06/23/14 at 04:13:39

the Chinese vendors are also selling very cheap cell phones. They're all virus laden. You could not remove the virus since it was integrated into the firmware. I would be very cautious on getting anything for free or cheap from the Chinese.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Re: Chinese tablet vendors giving away Windows 8.1
Reply #2 - 06/23/14 at 04:48:46

"Basically, Chinese cyber spies can gain use the chip’s built-in malware to decipher military passcodes and gain remote access to the chip and reprogram it to do their bidding; “permitting a new and disturbing possibility of a large-scale Stuxnet-type attack via a network or the Internet on the silicon itself,” reads his report."

Proof That Military Chips From China Are Infected?
John Reed | May 30, 2012
Defense Tech | Military.com
http://defensetech.org/2012/05/30/smoking-gun-proof-that-military-chips-from-...

Undecided

"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids personal ipads."

Cheesy

Time to go Linux! (I'm about ready to myself. I swore off Windoze in '98, went Mac and was happy until they started screwing people instead of innovating.)

ripper.jpg

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:16:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Chinese tablet vendors giving away Windows 8.1

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.