Sat on a Bolt (Read 111 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Sat on a Bolt
06/22/14 at 03:30:55

Shuffled into a Yamaha dealer this afternoon. Saw the SR400 and at $NZ10500 wasn't really impressed. The S40 is $NZ8500 new. Saw a Bolt so I sat on it, nice low seat height. Bike appears nicely styled with a good lack of chrome. Digital instrumentation didn't impress, but I'm an analogue person. Who ever put the asphalt grey paint on wants shooting. I believe a Pearl White option is avaidable in the US, but at $NZ15000, I'll stick with the S40. Has anyone ridden a Bolt?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Sat on a Bolt
Reply #1 - 06/22/14 at 03:50:00

I think the new Yamahog Bolt is one of the best motorcycles to come along in long time ... have sat on a few of 'em and they are REALLY nice! Friend of mine bought one last Oct., but unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try 'er out yet ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/23/14 at 11:34:54

I test rode the Bolt and was impressed. Tons of get up and go, low to the ground and it was a comfortable ride. Nice looking bike also!  A bit heavy for me after owning a Savage. It would be a tough decision choosing between the Sportster and the Bolt.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/23/14 at 11:43:50

I do think that anyone who has rode or set on one will agree that there is a lot of crap hanging out of the right side of the bike. If you have short legs even tho it is low to the ground, it might not be the bike for you. You have to wrap your leg around all of it to get your foot on the peg.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 06/24/14 at 00:12:24

Will agree, that the slight offset of the cylinders of the XV950 mill does force yer right leg out a bit ... I find a similar condition with the Shadow RS' airfilter case. Speaking of the RS and the Bolt ... very similar ergonomics overall from what I can tell ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 06/24/14 at 09:17:25

Sitting on a Bolt, just can't be comfortable... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #6 - 06/24/14 at 13:22:48

I sometimes kneel on then, that's very uncomfortable. The one I sat on had fancy rear shock absorbers which makes it $NZ1000 dearer than the standard one, also accounts for the blend into the road asphalt grey paint. Fuel tank is apparently only 12 litres, two more than the S40 so I wonder how much more range you have. The pearl white is avidable on the standard model here. I don't know from a brief sit, if I had issues with the air cleaner box, or whatever it is that sticks out on the right side, however that point should be born in mind by potential purchasers.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:30:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Sat on a Bolt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.