Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What Pine knows about POWs (Read 23 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
What Pine knows about POWs
06/19/14 at 13:48:51

So I live in Clinton MS (thats Mississippi.. its a state.. there is also a river by the same name). During Katrina the entire state was referred to as: "that land mass north and east of LA and south of TN"...

My little town is not known for much... but back in the late 1970's my best friends brother (they were from Michigan) was very much into war memorabilia.. at first Civil War, since it was fought down here.. but later he learned of some local history and had his brother (my best friend) create an old web page for it ( this would be in the early 90's).

http://www.kilroywashere.org/004-Pages/JAN-Area/04-D-Jackson-POW.html

I don't think anyone in my little town thinks their camp was any way odd or unusual. Do be sure to note.. this is not only THE BIBLE BELT... we ARE SUPER thick with BAPTISTS.. cant throw a stick for hitting one. So when I see other folks "reality" about how evil Christians are and how awful they all treat POWs .. I temper that version with this bit of local reality.  

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: What Pine knows about POWs
Reply #1 - 06/19/14 at 14:18:28

Interesting read....I like the homepage also.
http://www.kilroywashere.org/index.html

One of my uncles, Glen McCoy from Kentucky (family feuded with the Hatfields) was MIA in the Korean War. I would like to hear from someone that knew him over there.

When I was born in January 1952, my parents were dirt poor. My baby bed was a drawer from a chest of drawers. Glen came to see his sisters new baby before he shipped out. He left and returned shortly with a baby bed for me. I never got to meet him other than as an infant.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:26:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What Pine knows about POWs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.