Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'96 running quieter after Rotella T6 oil change... (Read 36 times)
Fishbulb
Ex Member

'96 running quieter after Rotella T6 oil change...
06/17/14 at 20:53:41

*** Not an oil war starter, just my observation on my bike - Your milage may vary - Ask your doctor if you are healthy enough for Rotella before starting a new oil regiment ***

'96 with almost 13K miles on it, bought it last August with 10K. I had been using Castrol 4T 10W-40, looked like a good oil, and my local Pep Boys carried it.

Did some reading here and decided to give Rotella a try. Local Wal-Mart had both, went for the synthetic.

I just did an oil and filter change 800 miles ago, but was not feeling confident in my oil selection... Plus, it had already taken about an additional 1/2-3/4 of a quart since then.

Took it for a ride to get the oil hot, drained the old, added the new. Bike fired up, and instantly a little sounded smoother at idle. Short test drive and it had a lot less 'chatter' throughout the rev range, esp. when getting on it. Full 90°F commute today (hottest of the riding season so far) and the bike with without a doubt quieter with much less mechanical 'clatter'. It is my first bike, so I don't have much to compare it to. But, I grew up wrenching (dad is a mechanic) and I know when something sounds happier...

So, we will see how the oil consumption goes with the T6. I don't see a lot of oil mess around the cylinder, but I do have records from the PO of multiple attempts to correct the infamous leak.

Shiny side up!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:21:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › '96 running quieter after Rotella T6 oil change...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.