Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Motorcycle Superstore   NOT ! (Read 148 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Motorcycle Superstore   NOT !
06/17/14 at 16:31:20

My Recent experience with; Motorcycle Superstore.

Order was placed on 6/7/14, was told on the phone, and by the information on their Web site,
That the 130/90-15 tire, the 2 tubes, and the 2 rim strips, were, ‘In Stock and will ship right away’.  The 100/90-19, was, ‘available’ and would ship a day later.

On 6/16/14, I received the 100/90-19, (10 days), and on 6/17/14, (11 days), received the other items, which were to ship, ‘right away’.

Now if shipping is going to be 10/11 days,  Tell Me That,  do not  LIE to me!

Next, their is a large, ‘crease/bump/bend’, (what ever you wish to call it), in the 130/90-15.
(I call it:  “Defective”.)   In fact, Ray Charles could ‘see’ it. On the bead of the tire. What?  No one looks at items when they come in, or go out?

Next, I paid twice as much for a tube, for the 130/90-15, because I was told, ‘it is the only one available for that tire’.  Yet, of the 6 tires sizes, Listed On The Tube Box, the tire size I ordered is NOT listed.  And if, ‘close’ tubes work, why not then a 13.50 tube, instead of a 32.00 tube?

Next, I  believe it is fairly obvious, that one tire is 19” and the other is 15”.  So then why two rim strips, one 15” and the other 18”?  (A Layer of Duct Tape, would work just as good!)

Now, If the order would take, 10/11 days to get here. Not a Problem. But Tell me, do not LIE to me.  If you want to charge me twice as much for a tube, because it is the, ‘Only’, one that fits. fine. But do not  LIE to me, when it is NOT, and others will also work.  When I say, “just send along two, rim strips”, should then they be for a 19 & 15 rim,  (not a 18” & 15”) for which the Tires were 19 & 15”?

Never again will I give money to a place, that  LIES to me !!!!!!

Add to this, I was very diligent, in providing information.
and was told, "Oh you can go up to a 150/90-15.

Sure, that will fit the rim, if I had a bobber, and no fender !,
And I told them the tire on their now, is 5.37 wide/25.25 tall,
plenty of tread, it' just, 'hard'.  But I was told a  tire, which is 5.85 wide, and 24.753 tall, is NO Problem ????   (After explaining, I want it as OEM as possible)  Yea, if I want to take out the bolts under the fender and put/find, 'flat thing heads',  to replace!  

Tough Luck MC Superstore. After talking to THREE,  'Knowledgeable Salesman',  ('Knowledgeable Salesman" is a VERY Generous term).
I will  NEVER   give money to a place that  LIED  to me!

Give me a break !!!!  In 45 years of selling Guns,  NEVER Had to, or felt the need to  LIE, to someone to make a sale!!!!!!!!!!

MC Superstore, when I ask you for information.
Ask you because you, "SUPPOSEDLY" know more about MC's, than I.
Then you,  LIE, to me,    JUST  to make a sale.

Last time you will see my money !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Motorcycle Superstore   NOT !
Reply #1 - 06/17/14 at 16:47:57

I suppose, if you know,   EXACTLY,  what you want.
And are willing to experience their, 'shipping'.

Fine.

But if you are asking, for advice, from people,
who, 'Supposedly Know",  
AFTER, you provide them with ALL  the information.

My Opinion, the, 'sales people' at M.S.S.,  
they can't find their ars with both hands.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/17/14 at 18:04:06

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience, they must have run out of stock during one of their sales.  Last year I had very good service from them and quick shipment.  This spring I placed a fair sized order with them and it all arrived on time but I did get multiple and confusing shipping notices from them that made me wonder if all was well.  I wasn't real happy about the choice of inner tubes either and I managed to pinch a hole in the 19 incher I bought from them.  So I ran out to the nearest Suzuki dealer and bought a new one,  a cheaper brand and paid nearly twice as much for it as MS.

The tires were a little distorted by the bands that were used to fasten them together for shipping but that worked out.  Hope you have better luck with the next order you make with whatever supplier that may be.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 06/18/14 at 07:24:48

Never have issues with them. Product arrives next day or the 2nd day, always. Living in TN, our orders come from the next county south in north MS or from central KY. Tires have always been fresh, shipped w/o any damage.

Only "issue" is that their computer didn't save our info, so no "buyer bucks" or whatever they call their rewards program. Not that big a deal.

Most 18 or 19 inch rim bands are the same, many rim bands (and inner tubes) are white ink stamped 18"/19". A standard 15" tube is good from 120-170mm width tires. And an indented/kinked tire bead is pretty common, that is where the ends of the wire meet. Sometimes causes trouble, usually does not on tubed applications.

If you think that was a bad experience, just wait until you deal with Ron Ayers, BikeBandit, Dennis Kirk, JC Whitless or your average local Suzuki dealership...

45 years in the gun business? I need some .44Spl lrn, can't get it locally...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/18/14 at 07:45:42

I used to be a customer of theirs, and never had any problem.

Since they opened an Outlet Store in KY.....I have to pay sales tax on everything I buy from them.  So...having to pay a 6% penalty when I order from them.....has caused me to order from JC Motors, or Bike Bandit or anyplace else from out of state!

The weird part of this is that just about anything I order is not shipped from Kentucky....buts I still have to pay the tax as if it did come from KY.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #5 - 06/18/14 at 09:15:30

California started doing something similar Dave. To this day I still don't know which companies charge me sales tax online. Half do and half don't.

1988 Stock, mixture screw out 2 turns, seat lift mod, elevation= sea level, main jet=155 pilot jet=55
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #6 - 06/18/14 at 09:51:56

I try not to deal with MSS because I hate their site. It just isn't intuitive to me. I have never had an issue with Bike Bandit. I realize it is a different type of store. I have also never had an issue with my local dealer. Even their price is close enough for many parts once I factor in shipping and the wait time. When it comes to tires, I buy from my local independent shop. Yes, I pay more, but they work hard to find what I want and have real world experience with other customers' bikes as far as which brand/tread works and which doesn't. Plus, I pay them to install the tires.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #7 - 06/18/14 at 10:28:27

YoungSavage wrote on 06/18/14 at 09:15:30:
California started doing something similar Dave. To this day I still don't know which companies charge me sales tax online. Half do and half don't.

The current sales tax law in the US is "physical presence" which means that if a company has a office or warehouse in your state and they sell to you, they have to collect sales tax.  In this thread, it appears that MSS has warehouses in OR and KY so they have to collect tax from people who live in those states but wouldn't for the others.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 06/18/14 at 11:35:35

WD wrote on 06/18/14 at 07:24:48:
If you think that was a bad experience, just wait until you deal with Ron Ayers, BikeBandit, Dennis Kirk, JC Whitless or your average local Suzuki dealership...

45 years in the gun business? I need some .44Spl lrn, can't get it locally...

Have had no problems with Bike Bandit or Kirk.   Whitney ?  40 Years ago, their catalog was a bible, and spent a lot on money on parts for a 1929-1/2 Mod A. With no problems. Since they went 'internet', service, quality, knowledge, all hugely down hill.

.44 Special you say.  I will P.M. you with my phone #.
Lots of questions to ask.

IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #9 - 06/18/14 at 12:45:01

The internet is wonderful in some ways, like this forum here. But it has destroyed a huge swath of local business and talent.  Too many times, local stores are a place to brain pick the proprietor and then buy two bucks cheaper online. "Progress" seems to usually to also bring unintended consequences.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 06/18/14 at 14:56:47

BalingWire wrote on 06/18/14 at 12:45:01:
The internet is wonderful in some ways, like this forum here. But it has destroyed a huge swath of local business and talent.  Too many times, local stores are a place to brain pick the proprietor and then buy two bucks cheaper online. "Progress" seems to usually to also bring unintended consequences.

So So True !  
20 years ago, their was no need for a forum like this.
(Which has a Ton of Real Life Experience).
Used to be, you went to the dealer,
and the salesman, most often, also did wrenching.  
They just KNEW!  
And EVERY, town had at least one, Small Engine Repair person,
who, Knew, Exactly, what to do!

Now it's, "Drive 30 miles to save .05 on a gallon gas".
Or they line up to get a 6.50 cup of coffee !!!!!   Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 06/18/14 at 15:08:29

MnSpring wrote on 06/18/14 at 14:56:47:
Now it's, "Drive 30 miles to save .05 on a gallon gas".

I've been using gasbuddy
I can see all the gas stations along my route and pick the best price w/out going out of my way.

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #12 - 06/19/14 at 13:01:20

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 06/18/14 at 10:28:27:
YoungSavage wrote on 06/18/14 at 09:15:30:

The current sales tax law in the US is "physical presence" which means that if a company has a office or warehouse in your state and they sell to you, they have to collect sales tax.  In this thread, it appears that MSS has warehouses in OR and KY so they have to collect tax from people who live in those states but wouldn't for the others.

And in addition, most states that have a sales tax, have an accompanying use tax which is equivalent to the sales tax. It is a self assessed tax you file usually with your annual income tax returns in which you declare how much you spent on items purchased without tax that would've been taxed if purchased in your local taxing district.

If everyone followed all the laws, whether it is taxed or not would never come into the equation.

from a former tax auditor, me  Undecided

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 06/19/14 at 13:27:37

A-Yep !  Sales Tax.  
Here in Minn, Governor, 'Goofy", got a, 'law' pushed through.
That if a citizen, of Minn. Purchased something from, 'out of state', and was Not charged tax.    
They are, 'suppose to', sent the State Sales Tax amount into the State, for the Tax.

Yea  Right !

From a Governor, who is the heir to the, 'Target Stores', and has his personal billions, stashed in another, State, so,  HE,  doesn't pay taxes on it!!!!!

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 06/27/14 at 14:04:50

Just a Update: After ordering on the 7th,
On the 15th, got the first package. On the 16th, got the second package from MCS. On the 17th, I called Customer Service, and they, sent me a 'Return Form' via e-mail. On the 18th, I dropped off the package at a UPS store.
On the 20th, they received it. (Their recite verified via  UPS Tracking Number)
As of the 25th, NO  Credit issued, on my Credit card!

So it took 10 + 11 days, for them, to send to me.
(For things they said they HAD in stock and will ship right away)
But 2 days to send, from me to them ? ?  ?  ?  

Went to Dennis Kirk, ordered the same things.
They had 5 brands, Dunlup, Bridgestone, Shronko, Kena, Perreli. in 130/90-15.  (Bought Perelli  MT66)  
In fact they found 5 brands, that were a match to the front 100/90-19.
No problem finding a 130/90-15 tube, (Tube IS  Marked 130/90-15) Which was 12.55,  and 4 brands to choose from,  
NOT  31.99, from MCS, which they said, "It is the ONLY one made for that size".
The tires from MCS were dated 2011 & 2012, (not really a big deal)
But the ones from Kirk were both 2014   (Now that's fresh)

Shipping, one day. (really doesn't count, as they are in the Same State).

So perhaps if you are closer. Perhaps if you have had, good, 'LUCK' with MCS before. Perhaps you want to go back to them. Perhaps you want to give them your money.

I, (After I get these on), will be ordering another set, for my other bike.  Can you guess where I will spend my money?

The only negative was, (Because the same State),
I had to BLEED for, Gov.  'GOOFY', so he can keep, HIS BILLIONS, Tax Free.

Oh, one more small thing. When I call someone, I dial the number,
put the phone on, 'speaker', and press a Dozen buttons for this and that, until I get a live person.  
At Kirk, I was surprised, the phone was, ANSWERED in 2 rings, by a  LIVE person, who helped with the selection process and also took the order.

As another member here often says:  YMMV
(Your Millage May Very)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:19:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Motorcycle Superstore   NOT !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.