Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does anyone use a cruise-cntrl type throttle lock? (Read 214 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Does anyone use a cruise-cntrl type throttle l
Reply #15 - 06/17/14 at 10:09:37

The throttlemeister looks nice. It is expensive. And our bikes aren't listed in the application chart.

I agree the paddle palm rest things can get in the way. If I am doing a lot of in town driving, I remove mine.

I just don't understand why others don't have problems with the vista cruise. Aside from mine "splitting" at the grip end, it never held for very long. Each time I set it, the throttle slowly closes.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 06/17/14 at 10:25:29

I spent the money on a Brakeaway throttle lock. It is a tad finicky to set up, but once you do it works very well.
VERY well made, and looks like it too
http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 06/17/14 at 10:26:05

Greg wrote on 06/17/14 at 10:09:37:
I agree the paddle palm rest things can get in the way. If I am doing a lot of in town driving, I remove mine.

I have the Crampbuster on my ST1100.  When cruising down the highway I have it where my hand is comfortable for the long haul.  When riding in town or country roads - I just twist it around so it is down lower than my palm....and is out of the way.  Then I roll it up into place when I hit the highway again.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Gerry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Michigan
Reply #18 - 06/17/14 at 13:16:45

The throttlemeister looks nice. It is expensive. And our bikes aren't listed in the application chart.

I just don't understand why others don't have problems with the vista cruise. Aside from mine "splitting" at the grip end, it never held for very long. Each time I set it, the throttle slowly closes.

I think you can use any model that fits a 1" diameter bar?  So maybe a S50 Boulevard?
I sent them an email to find out.
Gerry

This message was posted using Google Chrome on a system using Linux Mint 17 Mate
  IP Logged
iRocco
YaBB Newbies

Fear is never
boring!

Crystal Lake, IL
Reply #19 - 06/18/14 at 11:53:54

Thanks for the feedback all. I did get a crampbuster. It is better than nothing, but I still find myself wishing I had a lock. I think maybe the comfort issue for me is also the bar and the position it was in when I got the bike. It's more like a drag bar, and was turned up a little. That made for a very unnatural arm/wrist angle.

'97 LS60 Savage
1647 miles
Presumed stock
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #20 - 06/18/14 at 14:02:50

Greg, I don't know about the splitting issue, mine occasionally would slip but I just tightened the nut a little and was good to go again.

I am actually on my second one, the one on my 87 and Skat had one on her 06 that I bought. the 06 has the flashers, so the throttle lock had to be put on "upside down" that is not quite as convenient, but it still works fine.  

Like I said, to each his own.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #21 - 06/18/14 at 14:28:57

Thank you. I found my malfunction. Vista Cruise, GoCruise, same thing right? Smiley

I typed the wrong product. I meant I was having problems with the GoCruise. I have no experience with the Vista Cruise.

Sorry for any confusion.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #22 - 06/18/14 at 14:37:59

arteacher wrote on 06/17/14 at 10:25:29:
I spent the money on a Brakeaway throttle lock. It is a tad finicky to set up, but once you do it works very well.
VERY well made, and looks like it too
http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/.

I like this one. I think I will invest in one of these.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 06/19/14 at 12:34:09

Maybe a Christmas present for me on the breakaway... Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:33:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Does anyone use a cruise-cntrl type throttle lock?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.