Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dyna muffler installation (Read 92 times)
shakenbake94
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

dyna muffler installation
06/12/14 at 15:43:20

just got my dynas in the mail(got 2 for 35 bucks cheapest deal i found on ebay) i know there is a guide to installing these but when i slide the dyna on the pipe the rail mount hits the mount on the bike. do you have to get a 10 degree bend made or is there a way around that and getting it to fit stock?

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Re: dyna muffler installation
Reply #1 - 06/12/14 at 15:49:49

You will need a 3/4 inch 3/8 carriage bolt (one with a square head underneath the head of the bolt) and a lock washer to mount the Dyna to the muffler bracket on the bike. Insert the carriage bolt in the Dyna rail then move it until you get it in the hole on the bike then put the nut and lockwasher on. I didn't do the 10 degree bend, I just put it on stock. The exhaust hits your rear brake cable assembly but the purists don't like to see soot on their chrome. I've blacked mine out so it doesn't matter to me.  Smiley

IP Logged
shakenbake94
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/12/14 at 16:08:35

on mine when i put the dyna on, the mount on the bike pushes the muffler outwards. is yours like that too?

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #3 - 06/12/14 at 16:14:12

Yes, a little bit. Actually you should remove the header pipe from the motor, install the Dyna and then reinstall the entire assembly in one piece. If you pound on the Dyna or push/pull too much you could break off the header bolts or crack your cylinder.  When you put everything back on basically loosely bolt up everything so you still have some play, get the bolts on the mounting bracket at the Dyna all lined up so you know they fit, then start tightening up the header.  Use a 1/4 inch ratchet, FINGER tight!! Then the muffler bolt, then tighten down the header, again two fingers on the ratchet, you can break the bolts off in a heartbeat. Be sure you put anti-seize on the header bolts. Then tighten down the Dyna bolt.

By the way, did you do the tin can gasket? It'll leak if you don't....

IP Logged
shakenbake94
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/12/14 at 16:17:14

sounds good thanks for the advice one more thing. does the dyna bolt HAVE to be a carriage bolt? can it just be a regular bolt?

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #5 - 06/12/14 at 16:20:04

You can probably use a regular bolt but it's a tight place for a wrench. The square head on the carriage bolt slides into the rail and holds the bolt in place while you crank on the nut, so it is a one wrench deal, not two.

IP Logged
shakenbake94
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/12/14 at 16:22:31

alright ill get a carriage bolt asap thanks for the tip much appreciated

IP Logged
axa

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/13/14 at 00:29:31

so what you gunna do with the other one?
sell it to me?  Cheesy

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #8 - 06/13/14 at 05:14:20

You can definitely use a regular bolt.  When I did mine, I found a long allen key that fit in the rail against the bolt head.  It held the bolt, and I snugged the nuts down.

Look, ma!  Only one hand!!   Cheesy

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:39:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dyna muffler installation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.