Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what size muffler clamp? (Read 63 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
what size muffler clamp?
06/12/14 at 13:00:05

I'm picking up a Dyna muffler in a day or 2 so I'm trying to collect everything needed for the install.
Gonna try a local muffler shop to make the adapter but need to know what size clamp(s) I need.
When I go to websites to purchase, they ask you to go through the motions of entering the year, make and model of bike (ours doesn't come up) but then still offer a selection of sizes for you to choose.
MC Superstore has a Cobra stainless with the bolt clamp instead of the worm gear.  Then, there's a bunch on Amazon and BikeBandit.

Little help?
Will I be able to use the one clamp on the stock header/muffler and then just need one additional?  What size?

Thanks folks!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: what size muffler clamp?
Reply #1 - 06/12/14 at 13:02:52

This is the one I got from Bike Bandit: http://www.bikebandit.com/cobra-stainless-motorcycle-exhaust-t-bolt-clamps?b=...

It is the Cobra 16089 1.75-1.93" clamp. Works perfectly.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 06/12/14 at 13:26:05

Cool.  Thanks Greg.
Do I just need one?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/12/14 at 13:45:50

Id call around industrial supply places. Theres a bearing supply place in Longview that has those things on the shelf, less$$ & no freight & no wait.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 06/12/14 at 13:50:29

Would the auto muffler shops have the right clamps?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/12/14 at 15:05:14

Snot what they generally use, but ya mite find one that does,,If they do, theyll sell it for more than is reasonable Id bet,, Id call around a few places, industrial supply houses, not auto parts. Or go ridin around over on that side of town.  Theres a road here with nothing but companies that sell supplies to businesses. They sell to the public, too, but thats not where they make their "keepin the doors open" $$$.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:38:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › what size muffler clamp?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.