Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Next Project?....Ninja 250 Cafe. (Read 1573 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Next Project?....Ninja 250 Cafe.
Reply #75 - 02/27/17 at 09:53:04

Thanks!  

I assume there are two diodes in that assembly then and they are set up to combine the two wires into one (I'm not sure how the LED application works)?

EDIT:  Never mind, I found it on Amazon and it says right in the descripton it it used for exactly this purpose.  I told you I didn't know "the LED application"  Ha ha.

https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Turn-Signal-Diode-HO002001/dp/B01DYS3A56

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #76 - 02/27/17 at 22:29:10

I ordered a couple of those Diode 2 into 1 rigs  , it just looks so easy !
So 2 of them only cost $6. and change.    I might go with the other speedometer anyway but Options are Good !  Wink

Thanks guys !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #77 - 02/27/17 at 22:46:09

MM,

Please show some pics of how you route the speedometer cable.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #78 - 02/28/17 at 03:35:22

Last night I got the voltmeter wired in, most of the wires in the headlight bucket connected front turn signals and running lights hooked up, neutral light and oil pressure warning light.  The only things left to do up there is to wire in the diode for the turn signal indicator light when it arrives, and wire in the water temperature sensor when it arrives from Trailtech, and then put in the headlight.  I have a 7" Candlepower headlight and will most likely install the self contained LED bulb with the fan that goes inside the headlight.

The left side warning lights are the oil pressure and neutral light, the right side lights are the high beam and turn signals (not lit).  You can see the running lights glowing below the headlight on both sides....I have plastic bubble wrap bags on them to keep me from scratching the black chrome while I am working on the bike.

« Last Edit: 02/28/17 at 08:48:19 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #79 - 02/28/17 at 09:14:49

Dave , that just plain-old LOOKS GOOD  Cool    58 degrees even !  Shocked

Kenny , I used lots of "Zip-Ties" on those wires and cables under the gas tank ...  Roll Eyes

this is about the only picture I got , The fuel petcock needed to be a little higher than it landed but I'm not cutting the front tank tabs off to re-mount them 1/4" higher   Tongue   adding 1/4" to the back is just spacers.

0124171243_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #80 - 02/28/17 at 09:18:53

The other side ,

0124171241_001.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #81 - 02/28/17 at 09:39:02

MM:

Yep, a snuggly 58 degrees in the workshop!  Having a well insulated garage, and a wood boiler to heat it sure is nice.  I imagine I will stop burning wood in the next few weeks....warmer weather is coming to KY!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/alexandria-ky/41001/month/2149754?monyr=3/01...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #82 - 03/01/17 at 06:19:11

I am at a bit of a delay getting the wiring in the front completed, as I need some parts.  The temperature sender for the Trailtech will arrive today, the diode for the front turn signals won't be here until next Monday.

So last night I started on the wiring and bodywork on the back.  The turn signals supplied by Blue Collar Bobber are nice and bright, they have 1157 bulbs and should have no problem being seen in daylight.  Unfortunately the tail light is a bunch of smaller LED bulbs, and the brake light will not be of much use getting the attention of those folks behind.

I really want to be as safe as possible, and it really bothers me that so much of the aftermarket lights (brake/turn signal) are worse than the factory DOT lights.  It is not cheap - but I decided to buy and install one of the modules that allows the turn signals to work as supplemental brake lights.  This module wires in and when you use the brakes the turn signal come on as a brake light, and when you use a turn signal the light still flashes as normal.

https://www.amazon.com/Badlands-Products-Signal-Module-ILL-01/dp/B000GV64BC

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #83 - 03/01/17 at 06:53:32

good move Dave !  Wink

All three of them firing-up when ya want to slow down ought to show your intent really good ...  Cool

Really ,  the factory bikes should have that idea already in play , that is just plain smart !  Smiley

« Last Edit: 03/01/17 at 07:59:13 by MMRanch »  

Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #84 - 03/01/17 at 07:02:41

Dave,

For what it is worth:

I have wired the turn signals on different bikes to operate with the brake light. I didn't use a module, I just simply used dual filament #1157 bulbs and red lenses.

I have had many people comment on how visible the bike was when I was stopping, especially at night.

Kenny G  Undecided

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #85 - 03/01/17 at 07:12:39

Kenny G wrote on 03/01/17 at 07:02:41:
Dave,

I have wired the turn signals on different bikes to operate with the brake light. I didn't use a module, I just simply used dual filament #1157 bulbs and red lenses.
 Undecided

Kenny:  I don't see how it is possible to get a turn signal to flash if you also connected it into the brake light circuit......unless you also install a module (or system of relays).

The turn signals on this bike use the dimmer filament as a running light, and the brighter filament as the turn signal.  If you were to connect the power for the brake light into the wire for the brighter filament in both turn signals - the turn signal would stop flashing and come on steady when you apply the brake.  And......with both left/right turn signals connected to the brake light - when you used a turn signal the power would cross feed over to the brake light and other turn signal.....and all 3 lights would flash when you used a turn signal....and it might even cross feed up to the turn signals at the front!

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #86 - 03/01/17 at 07:22:26

Dave,

The way I wired the turn signals they worked only as brake light and turn signal light. I did not have running lights incorporated into the turn signals. The only rear running light was the tail light.

I wired a 1973 Norton this way and rode it for 30 years.

I must admit that the module produces a better system because you also have the turn signals functioning as running lights.

Most of the bikes that I ever owned I had to turn on the lights manually, they did not come on automatically when I kick started the bike.

I never had an electric starter until I moved to North Texas 10 years ago.

Kenny G  Undecided

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #87 - 03/01/17 at 12:23:36

I bought a module for my sportster like that, it must modulate the voltage to rear turn signals cause they are single filament bulbs but have running,stop & turn at the turn signals , then changed to red lenses.
It's a slick setup and it was plug n play from Harley.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #88 - 03/01/17 at 12:35:26

On my tracker it has a dual tail light setup and no place to mount turn signals. So off to Radio Shack I went bought some diodes ( can get you part number if you want it) tried using 3 but wound up needing 4 diodes.
So now my dual tail light acts as tail , stop & turn and doesn't back feed front turns and brake will override turn. Only I'll effect is when turn is on and brake is applied front turn flashes a little faster. I could maybe cure that with 2 resistor but have not tried to.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #89 - 03/01/17 at 12:56:41

Anything that you can do to be more visible is going to save your life.

I am now wearing a fluorescent green safety belt after being hit in the ass end by an automobile a couple of years ago..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OIS6RUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie...

My setup for wiring the turn signals is not near as effective as using a module to sequence the lights for safety, but at the time I first tried it I didn't have much money and possibly it saved my life over the years.....

Kenny G Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 11:51:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Next Project?....Ninja 250 Cafe.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.