Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions about initial maintenance (Read 69 times)
NickGann

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Questions about initial maintenance
06/09/14 at 16:56:26

A few things on the list of potential are:

Brakes (How do I judge the quantity of material for bike brakes? I am familiar with car brakes but are there different considerations?) I read some confusing info on brake brands, what is a solid brake that doesn't squeal?

Petcock (What is the identifying factor of a troublesome petcock?)

I have taken the white spacer out of the carb and need to drill and do the small adjustment. Would doing one and not the other cause the bike to cut off when coming out of a high speed? Or is this petcock related?

The bike is at 7700 miles and so I am thinking about the tensioner replacement as well, is that good to consider?

Thanks for any help, and I am scouring the forums as I type this as well so pardon any doubled up questions...

IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Re: Questions about initial maintenance
Reply #1 - 06/09/14 at 19:18:40

Change the petcock to a Raptor 660 petcock and now you know thats not your problem.

your stall when going from high rpm sounds like a low idle issue, raise your idle speed, it should be around 1200 rpm

I'm gonna wait to 10,000 to check/replace my tensioner

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #2 - 06/10/14 at 06:55:55

I believe removing the white spacer just richens the midrange, when you get that plug removed over the idle mix screw you can adjust for best idle

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 06/10/14 at 10:25:45

shorty wrote on 06/10/14 at 06:55:55:
I believe removing the white spacer just richens the midrange, when you get that plug removed over the idle mix screw you can adjust for best idle

You don't want to take out the white spacer....without putting 3 or 2 washers in place.  Removing it completely will make the bike run too rich.  You can also cut or sand the spacer down - but that is hard to adjust once you have sanded off too much.

The needle provides fuel form about 1/8 throttle up to around 3/4 throttle.  At idle the needle does nothing, and over 3/4 throttle the main jet size starts to be the controlling factor.  There is not an instant switch over from one to the other - but instead a gradual transition as one system begins to control the fuel flow as the other fades away.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:37:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Questions about initial maintenance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.