Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Start up with choke - idle not high enough (Read 21 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Start up with choke - idle not high enough
06/09/14 at 14:37:20

When I start my bike cold using the choke, the idle isn't high enough to keep the bike running for long.  It chugs at too low an idle (which I know isn't good enough for the oil pump) and will die after 20 seconds or so unless I give it some throttle.
Once the bike is warmed up though, the idle is just right (without the choke on).

I increased the idle while on choke to what seemed reasonable, but then when the bike is warmed up, the idle is too high.   I've run Seafoam through one tank of gas and will probably do so for the next couple of tanks because I just bought the bike a week ago.  It wasn't in storage but was a weekend rider.

My scooter has an electronic auto-choke so I'm not used to dealing with this (except for back in the 80's).
Can anyone offer tips or suggestions?  Any chance it's the petcock?  I have the Raptor in-hand and will be installing tonight (hopefully).
Thanks.

2008, stock, less than 3K miles.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:16:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Start up with choke - idle not high enough

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.