Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rear shock stiction (Read 76 times)
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

rear shock stiction
06/08/14 at 13:37:17

I just got, and installed my 800 intruder shocks... When I sit on the bike it sags down...when I stand up it doesn't return even on the highest preload. Is there something I am missing?

1986 red, raptor petcock, cham chain tensioner mod,carb plug pulled. DIY highway pegs, DIY ammo can storage...
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: rear shock sticktion
Reply #1 - 06/08/14 at 13:42:59

Doesn't return to what?...

A little sag at rest is fine... that allows for some extension when you hit a pothole...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/08/14 at 13:51:43

It sags...when I stand up it stays sagged...

1986 red, raptor petcock, cham chain tensioner mod,carb plug pulled. DIY highway pegs, DIY ammo can storage...
  IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/08/14 at 13:56:58

and one of the shocks makes a sucking shushing noise...but there is no fluid leaking out...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: rear shock stiction
Reply #4 - 06/08/14 at 16:00:44

Them shocks may just be  dead...

...but,.. the sound, is from the shock damper... that doesn't make the shock return from compression, it dampens the return...
The springs make the return...

Can you post us a vid?... of the you getting on and off?...
If it compresses every time you sit, but never comes back up at all... I have to imagine that by now, the fender is sitting on the tire...
Huh...

Also,.. please measure, bolt center to bolt center,... the shock length at rest, without you on it...
I have the same shocks, and mine are about 12.2"... if I remember correctly...

IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/08/14 at 16:16:36

They are the same shocks.. Its from an 06, no rust look great and measure 12.25... They sag down about eh...a quarter to half way. Then they just stop. I bounce real hard on the bike and its very stiff. Stand up and the just stay at a quarter to a half... They don't continued down to bottom out.

Now, if I grab the rear of the bike and jerk up the release and full extend asap. I am wondering if I need to grease the bushings...on these the top outside washer does not fit, becuase the bushing is inset, so I just used the bolt...maybe I pinched the bushing tight...

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=301170762123

IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/08/14 at 17:25:45

Uponncloser inspections one shock is bent causing striction the other is blown. EBay purchase...listed as workeingg like new

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 06/08/14 at 17:59:59

Contact the seller... if they don't resolve, contact Ebay's resolution center...
Best luck...

Hope you locate a good pair... I like mine... Wink...

IP Logged
Jsud04

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/08/14 at 18:18:12

Thanks. I did 450 mi this weekend from VA through WV MD and PA... No issues, the shocks were a wish not a need the stock shocks bottom out long before the tire would touch the fender and I have bottomed out once on some nutty rain ditch...my own fault...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 19:45:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rear shock stiction

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.