Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
snowden-never-access-juicy-documents (Read 57 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
snowden-never-access-juicy-documents
06/08/14 at 09:08:25

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/06/original-nsa-whistleblower-snowden-nev...

Videos, hot links to supporting documentation.. NSA has been spying on US for 40 years..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PuffsPlus

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: snowden-never-access-juicy-documents
Reply #1 - 06/08/14 at 15:44:43

All I have to say is Duh & Duh!!
I'm not saying you are stupid. That is not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that this is hardly news. You know when the cookies are disappearing out of the jar and you aren't eating them it's your kid sneaking them. When your nephew comes over ans spills the beans dose not mean that you are surprised that it has come to light.
So, when the news makes this a story, for me anyway, it's insulting.  
People want to know other people's business. It's human nature. Any time that people or person has the chance to  know something that they shouldn't and has the ability to do so 90% of the time they will.
It takes a mature person with self control to not look at the lady across the street getting undressed with the blinds open. It doesn't matter if it's a car wreck or if it's someone beautiful. At a primal level, that is all it is.  Lips Sealed

Boldly going forward cause I can't find reverse!
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 06/08/14 at 16:48:46

jog is the sky is falling guy here Roll Eyes

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 06/08/14 at 17:23:34

Quote:
People want to know other people's business. It's human nature. Any time that people or person has the chance to  know something that they shouldn't and has the ability to do so 90% of the time they will.
It takes a mature person with self control to not look at the lady across the street getting undressed with the blinds open. It doesn't matter if it's a car wreck or if it's someone beautiful. At a primal level, that is all it is.

People sticking their noses in other peoples business, out of curiosity, because they have a taste for gossip, or just general busybodyness(not sure if that's a word) is hardly the same thing as a government agency funded with billions of taxpayer dollars, listening to,collecting and storing the private communications of essentially every single citizen in the country, to use at any time the regime in power feels like it.

The NSA was created to collect intelligence for the purpose of protecting the citizens it works for from their( our) enemies. It has morphed into an agency that treats the citizens whose security it is supposed to protect as the enemy.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/08/14 at 17:56:09

Apparently,.. it all passes through some NSA scavenger thing,.. and they have the ability to store a certain amount for certain time...
... but it's not realistic to imagine all the information is stored indefinitely...
I would imagine they keep a backlog of a few days, weeks, or months, in case a suspected terrorist is located... Then they look back to see past recent communications...
Info more than 6 months old would be relatively useless...

I imagine they must have a hell of a spam filter too... Grin...

In ages past,... information was precious...
Today,.. it's TMI...
Access to everything tells you nothing...
They're looking for needles in a global haystack...
I wouldn't worry,... even if they have it,.. they can't find it... Tongue...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 06/08/14 at 18:11:39

Quote:
but it's not realistic to imagine all the information is stored indefinitely...

Then what is this place for ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 06/08/14 at 18:33:31

thumperclone wrote on 06/08/14 at 16:48:46:
jog is the sky is falling guy here Roll Eyes

Perhaps; although, regarding this topic he is vindicated.  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 06/08/14 at 18:34:35

To do what I said...
All information can't be stored... anyplace...

Got this from your link...
http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/focus/archive/2013/10/nsa-data-center-cripp...
"A report in the WSJ.com said the US National Security Agency data center being built the US state of Utah has suffered a series of massive power surges which have crippled the facility and left contractors and investigators struggling to identify the root cause.
The article said the problems ‘delayed the center's opening for a year, according to project documents and current and former officials.’
"

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 06/08/14 at 18:55:40

Serowbot wrote on 06/08/14 at 18:34:35:
To do what I said...
All information can't be stored... anyplace...

Why not? The technology exits. I'ts just a matter of scale

Got this from your link...
http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/focus/archive/2013/10/nsa-data-center-cripp...
"A report in the WSJ.com said the US National Security Agency data center being built the US state of Utah has suffered a series of massive power surges which have crippled the facility and left contractors and investigators struggling to identify the root cause.
The article said the problems ‘delayed the center's opening for a year, according to project documents and current and former officials.’
"

Which proves what ? They will throw enough money at the problem to eventually get it fixed to some extent or another. Whether or not they are good at this completely misses the point. They shouldn't be doing it at all.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 06/09/14 at 08:23:15

Serowbot wrote on 06/08/14 at 18:34:35:
"

massive power surges?
are we talking new tech?

Oh... I like this line "current and former officials", heads did roll.
Are we talking... insurrection here?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 06/09/14 at 09:49:03

I dont care if it can be kept for a day. They HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT to do what theyre doing AND making US pay for it..
They triued to admit that "Ohh Yea, well, After 9/11 we passed the Patriot Act & we started snooping on terrorists".. Uh Huhh,, They tried
"Ohh, we only take metadata, we arent taking your conversations"

Now we have good reason to believe that we have been being spied on for most of our LIVES.. Illegally, Un-Constitutionally,,,Now, if you arent bothered by that I say youve got a lack of understanding of what being an American is Supposed to be,
How you feel about some schmuck in a raincoat lookin in your windows? Youve got nothing to hide so its okay? If the goobs are doing it, its okay? WHY??? Because you know its only for your own good? REally? Theyve Proven by their legislation & policies they want good things for you, so you trust them?

Au contraire mon cherie,, Theyve done Nothing of the sort,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #11 - 06/09/14 at 13:56:53

the bigger and more powerful the govt is, the safer we are..
govt is my new mommy and govt will protect me..
govt has my testicles in a jar, they're better in there..
this is the liberal mindset, nation of sheep with wolves in charge  Roll Eyes

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 00:33:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › snowden-never-access-juicy-documents

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.