Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat Mods for S40 (Read 179 times)
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Seat Mods for S40
06/05/14 at 18:41:31

First of all, leet me say that doing a search on the word "seat" in this forum is an exercise in frustration.

Putting that behind me, I'd like to know people's thoughts about whether the standard seat mod to raise the front is a good idea for the S40, or if it really addresses a problem specific to the Savage.  What do you think?  Is the S40 seat more flat, so it doesn't need the seat mod?

Finally, I'd really appreciate someone helping me find options for aftermarket seats for the S40 that are more comfortable than the stock seat.  For example, is there a seat manufacturer who has an online catalog that can be RELIABLY filtered by bike model?

K/N Filter; Tachometer; Raptor Petcock; Engine Guard; Highway Pegs; Windshield; GT Grips; Shot Filled Dragbars; Saddle Bags and Supports; 12V Outlet
  IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Re: Seat Mods for S40
Reply #1 - 06/05/14 at 19:13:53

Clymers manual is what you want/need

I did the seat lift mod and it helped a bit, I now got the 6" forward controls and that helped out even more, I made a 84 mile trip, it was more tolerable with the mods but I still need to get a more cushioned seat

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 06/05/14 at 19:26:43

The only aftermarket seat that I'm aware of for these bikes is made by Corbin. There is very little aftermarket stuff available for Savages/S40s. Most folks that want a different seat have had to adapt something from, or for, another bike.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 06/05/14 at 21:00:50

WWW   IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #4 - 06/05/14 at 21:49:26

The harley sportster two up stiletto seat can be lightly modified to fit the savage frame if you search sportster seat it should come up. This also requires yet hat you are able to find one of those seats at a decent price. I so far have not been able to as of lately. For some strange reason harley owners think their take offs are worth small fortunes.

1988 Stock, mixture screw out 2 turns, seat lift mod, elevation= sea level, main jet=155 pilot jet=55
  IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #5 - 06/06/14 at 04:37:59

verslagen1 wrote on 06/05/14 at 21:00:50:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks!  I'd read those first two threads, but the third one is new to me.

The Corbin seat looks really nice.  I might try that one.

Airhawk lists six of their motorcycle cushions for the S40.  Does anyone know if these actually work on the S40?

http://www.motorcyclecushions.net/c-7-airhawk-motorcycle-cushions.aspx?Sectio...

K/N Filter; Tachometer; Raptor Petcock; Engine Guard; Highway Pegs; Windshield; GT Grips; Shot Filled Dragbars; Saddle Bags and Supports; 12V Outlet
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 06/06/14 at 06:08:23

ihasabike I don't know how you are searching the site for into, but one of the easier ways instead of using the search feature on the site is to go to a browser search page like Google and try this 'Suzukisavage.com seats' under the first set of search results there is usually an option 'More results from Suzukisavage.com' that will show you all the posts related to seats from the site. of course you can narrow results with more specific parameters then just seats  Wink

I hope this enables your frustration to stop exercising and start eating Bon Bons on the couch while you enjoy searching the site for knowledge  Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
swedishbiker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Växjö Sweden
Reply #7 - 06/06/14 at 10:23:21

14365412   IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #8 - 06/07/14 at 07:05:16

I messaged Corbin to ask if their seat will fit my 2012 S40.  The website says it is for model years 2005-2011, but I'm not sure if they just forgot to update the info in 2012, and then again in 2013, etc.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 06/07/14 at 08:01:43

ihasabike wrote on 06/07/14 at 07:05:16:
I messaged Corbin to ask if their seat will fit my 2012 S40.  The website says it is for model years 2005-2011, but I'm not sure if they just forgot to update the info in 2012, and then again in 2013, etc.

I'm pretty sure the '12,'13 etc. are the same.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 14:40:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat Mods for S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.