Send Topic Print
Rain gear (Read 197 times)
Rembrandt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Re: Rain gear
Reply #15 - 06/06/14 at 21:41:31

Hey Retired Rider, my riding buddy from Brighton! Did you ride your bike to Ottawa when you bought your rain gear? We had a great ride through Bancroft, Eganville, etc. although it was a tad chilly. It's getting much nicer lately. Once I blow through a couple weekend paint jobs, we'll have to ride again. Walter Pump still wants to get together with us at some point. May the summer be so grand that you never get to try out that spiffy new rain suit. Nice to see you here.

A hundred years from now, none of this will matter.
  IP Logged
Thurston
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 06/08/14 at 03:41:25

Rembrandt wrote on 06/06/14 at 21:41:31:
Hey Retired Rider, my riding buddy from Brighton! Did you ride your bike to Ottawa when you bought your rain gear? We had a great ride through Bancroft, Eganville, etc. although it was a tad chilly. It's getting much nicer lately. Once I blow through a couple weekend paint jobs, we'll have to ride again. Walter Pump still wants to get together with us at some point. May the summer be so grand that you never get to try out that spiffy new rain suit. Nice to see you here.

Hey Rembrandt.  Yup, I took the bike into Ottawa that day.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I got to try out the new rain suit on the ride home. It was raining pretty steady for a while, but cleared up and turned quite nice about half way home. I enjoyed our last ride and look forward to getting together again. Here's hoping that the rain suit can stay in the saddle bag for the rest of the summer.  It's good to have, but you hope you never need it  Smiley

IP Logged
zieglarf
YaBB Newbies

Lovin my Suzi!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #17 - 06/08/14 at 17:16:10

Now I feel lazy or something. My rain gear is my Chevy Silverado...

'12 S40
WWW   IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #18 - 06/08/14 at 19:36:09

I live in Seattle. In the morning I get on my motorcycle in my dry garage and ride out in to the rain.

I use Tourmaster overpants (about $170). Lined, zippered sides so I can step in to them with boots on. They have some asphalt protection in the hips, and knee pads that come in handy when I need to kneel down and makes some quick adjustments to the motorcycle.

They have an elastic waistband and they weigh 5 pounds. No elastic is going to keep those pants up around my waist. So, I bought a set of carpenters suspenders ($25) that I keep on the pants, this keeps them up when I'm getting on/off the bike, and makes them easier to get in to. (stick left boot in, stick right boot in, pull suspenders over my shoulders, zip up.)

I have to take them to the coin op laundromat to wash them in the commercial sized washer as they don't fit well in our washing machine.

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 06/10/14 at 09:47:50

Might as well keep the bike dry too!

Raingear.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 06/11/14 at 11:23:11

Suggest, for now and then,
Frogg Toggs  (pants and jacket) Light, cheep, and work.
Have a set, in several units.
However, one set, I wore for 3 days straight.
(I was outside walking all day)
And they worked, they Kept me Dry,
with Out,  Steaming and Sweating up a storm.
Only problem, no outside pockets in the jacket,
no place to keep my candy bars !

If need most every day,
Helly Hanson,  Jacket and  Bibs.
Spendy, but top of the line.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:19:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rain gear

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.