Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear Turn Signal Mount Thread Size (Read 66 times)
curmudgeon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rear Turn Signal Mount Thread Size
06/04/14 at 09:51:58

So when I got my savage, the left rear turn signal mount was broken. I found an OEM replacement on Amazon, and tried to mount it using the screw holding the existing mount to the bike. No dice. The size and/or pitch is wrong. It holds if I screw it in hard enough (which is what the PO had done), but it's clearly the wrong size.

I can't extract the screw on the right side mount to check, as it's rusted and stripped. It's holding, through, so I'm not touching it.

Based on this thread: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1303177039 it seems that I may be looking for a 6mmx1.25 screw, and from what I've seen, that sounds reasonable. However, I have searched high and low, and I cannot find a screw (or bolt) with those dimensions - even on McMaster Carr.  Angry

Does someone know what size I'm really looking for, or if 6x1.25 is correct, where to find one?

Thanks

IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Re: Rear Turn Signal Mount Thread Size
Reply #1 - 06/04/14 at 17:59:25

There are M6-1 and M8-1.25, but I don't know about M6-1.25.  That doesn't sound right.

I'm not sure where you live, but if you have a home depot or lowes around there, you can get M6-1 and M8-1.25 bolts there.

The way to search for it is M6-1.00x__, where the blank is filled in with the length in millimeters.

K/N Filter; Tachometer; Raptor Petcock; Engine Guard; Highway Pegs; Windshield; GT Grips; Shot Filled Dragbars; Saddle Bags and Supports; 12V Outlet
  IP Logged
curmudgeon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/05/14 at 04:24:43

I pretty much reached the same conclusion as you - "That CAN'T be right!"

I'll probably just end up going back to Lowes and buying one of every possible thread and diameter combination that might be close.

If I remember, I'll report back on what I find. That way, hopefully someone else looking for the same type of info can benefit.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 06/05/14 at 06:46:22

If you have already screwed an off-sized screw in there, the threads are already messed up and one the original size and pitch isn't going to work anyway, until you rethread it with a tap and die.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/05/14 at 13:06:23

Id bet the bolt in the other side looks JUST like the one you need.. Id be tempted to pull it out & take it with me to the store.. But hey! How often do I have an answer?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:16:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Turn Signal Mount Thread Size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.