Send Topic Print
Ultima wiring harness? (Read 41 times)
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
Ultima wiring harness?
06/04/14 at 03:41:30

Hey guys, do you think this wiring harness will work? The diagram looks simple enough. I don't know much about wiring but have been reading up and learnin' myself about power supply, conductors, loads and switches and it seems to have all that in the pretty drawing there. What about the CDI or TDI box? I don't see it in the diagram. Does the Ultima black box pictured in the link take it's place? I get my frame back next week and after I build the battery box and get it powder coated the wiring is the dreaded third step. Also wanting to get the grip ace to eliminate all the switches on handlebars. I'm not sure how that will work with this harness. It shouldn't be too difficult since it's supposed to be plug and play but with a discouraging $400 price tag I may get these momentary switches I saw on ebay for 10 bucks a piece. I only need six and they fit snug into your handlebars. Here's the link for the wiring harness.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-WIRING-HARNESS-FOR-HARLEY-CHOPPER-BOBBER-/23...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Ultima wiring harness?
Reply #1 - 06/04/14 at 04:14:53

No.....I don't think it will necessarily work with the Savage handlebar controls, decompression solenoid, safety switches, etc....and it appears that this kit is for an ignition system with points and a coil.  It is not set up for the use of the Savage ignition or charging system.

It is a huge undertaking when you start to try and reinvent the wiring harness on the bike.  It is much better to adapt the existing wiring harness to take away or add systems.

Below is a photo that shows the kind of work it takes just to adapt a left handlebar control from a different bike into the existing Savage harness.

Dave

IMG_0917_002.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:23:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ultima wiring harness?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.