Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just bought a 2013 S40. Have Questions (Read 58 times)
Ram
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Just bought a 2013 S40. Have Questions
06/02/14 at 16:06:59

I bought a new Suzuki 2013 S40 (on Saturday). This is my very first motorcycle, and it would be awesome if you could share your feedback on these:

1. What would be your recommendation for a good wind-shield.
2. What is the better way to use the keys .. they seem to jangle and make noise when driving
3. What would be your recommendation to fix a cigarette outlet to power GPS/Phone
4. Your recommendation for a GPS/Phone mount
5. Is there a way to setup a better Speedometer/Tachometer ?

- Ram

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Just bought a 2013 S40. Have Questions
Reply #1 - 06/02/14 at 17:53:58

This is my idea of a windshield.  Unfortunately, they haven't been made since the late 70's and I'm not letting go of either of the 2 I have.

This, these days is not most people's idea of a windshield

I've heard tales of keys falling out of switches hanging on the side like that.  Never actually seen it though.  I've got a key on a ring by itself for the bike and a spare, just in case, on my regular key ring in my pocket.

Check out the things a Savage newbie should know and check out the tech section.  There is an index.

I remember seeing a post a while back where someone put a lighter outlet on their bike.  Try a search, you'll find it.

Be careful and have fun with your new bike. Grin

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 06/02/14 at 18:42:09

Ram wrote on 06/02/14 at 16:06:59:
I bought a new Suzuki 2013 S40 (on Saturday). This is my very first motorcycle, and it would be awesome if you could share your feedback on these:

1. What would be your recommendation for a good wind-shield.
2. What is the better way to use the keys .. they seem to jangle and make noise when driving
3. What would be your recommendation to fix a cigarette outlet to power GPS/Phone
4. Your recommendation for a GPS/Phone mount
5. Is there a way to setup a better Speedometer/Tachometer ?

- Ram

1.  You'll have to choose the height, width, and what you want to mount it to (forks, handle bars)
2.  Use some kind of clip that you can take off just your ignition key
3.4.  I don't like that stuff because I want to get away.  Also, not a big deal, it will drain the battery a bit.  I use a small tank bag with a map pocket.
5.  Some guys here have done some real nice work with those.  You'll have to find that thread, I don't have much experience in that regards.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/02/14 at 19:31:12

For the 12V socket for phone charging:

I have a battery tender which leaves a pigtail off the battery, normally capped when not in use. Battery tender sells a 12V socket that plugs right in. Pop a 12V usb charger in there, and then add your usb to phone cable.

Bonus: unplug when not needed, no draw.  

I thought about hiding the 12v socket under the seat and running a cable under the front to charge the phone, but I think i'll just keep the socket in the saddle bag and use if needed. I don't go more than an hour  or two at a time, will work as needed.

Good luck!

Jac

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:33:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just bought a 2013 S40. Have Questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.