Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need information on the fork caps (IMPORTANT) (Read 105 times)
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Need information on the fork caps (IMPORTANT)
05/29/14 at 11:50:41

Does anyone know the thread pitch/thread diameter of the savage fork caps.
I am working on an awesome project and I cannot complete it without this specific information.
If not how would I go about finding it????
Thanks again guys

WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Need information on the fork caps (IMPORTANT)
Reply #1 - 05/29/14 at 12:44:21

Aside from taking one off and finding a nut it fits in, I don't know. I just hope your project isn't making an extension for them. Nothing good will come of that.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 05/29/14 at 13:13:05

Anybody that can make you another set of caps (wink wink nudge nudge) should be able to measure what you got and duplicate it.

WWW   IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #3 - 05/30/14 at 06:04:16

I could really use some help if someone could just pop off one of thier caps and use a thread pitch measure tool and get back with me that would be great.

Verslagen are you hinting that you can help me???
PM me cause I have a few ideas, most of which are to make after market parts for this bikle since there arent any out there.

I'm either going to start making parts or I'm going to sell this bike and buy a Harley or a Honda

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 05/30/14 at 07:11:15

wickedbiker wrote on 05/30/14 at 06:04:16:
Verslagen are you hinting that you can help me???
PM me cause I have a few ideas, most of which are to make after market parts for this bike since there arent any out there.

Sorry, not what I intended.  but good luck.

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 05/30/14 at 07:56:30

Buy a junk fork tube and cap. Take them to your local precision machine shop. Have the machinist cut you 2 6-8" long pieces and get them threaded to match, female threads on one end, male on the other, based off the factory end/cap.

That is all the more you can even consider using "slugs" to extend the forks. You want the weak spot (joint) in or right under the lower triple tree if it isn't between the trees. You'll need new spacers to match on the inside to make up for the additional length.

Anybody can customize a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, C50/C90 Suzuki or Harley. It takes a set that clanks to pull off a Savage properly.  Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #6 - 05/30/14 at 09:53:11

This is the scariest recommendation I have read. But, I guess everyone needs to learn the painful way. Our tubes are not made for the stress. Do it right with either a front end or new tubes.

WD wrote on 05/30/14 at 07:56:30:
Buy a junk fork tube and cap. Take them to your local precision machine shop. Have the machinist cut you 2 6-8" long pieces and get them threaded to match, female threads on one end, male on the other, based off the factory end/cap.

That is all the more you can even consider using "slugs" to extend the forks. You want the weak spot (joint) in or right under the lower triple tree if it isn't between the trees. You'll need new spacers to match on the inside to make up for the additional length.

Anybody can customize a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, C50/C90 Suzuki or Harley. It takes a set that clanks to pull off a Savage properly.  Wink

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #7 - 06/01/14 at 09:08:02

WD wrote on 05/30/14 at 07:56:30:

Thanks WD GOOD info, I am so sick of hearing all this dangerous slug blah blah In my opinion and that's all this is and I hope no one takes offense because I'm not talking to any one person, but I you customize a bike in any way other than stock you are going outside of safety boundaries played out by the manufacture. I'm sure the chopper kits that are $2000 and have 10 14 over forks are more dangerous that anything I could do.. I have seen a ton of happy people use fork extension 4" and under with no problems.

@ WD I was thinking of using the turn signal clamps over the connection.

Update!!! I got the thread pitch for anyone who may need or want it 34 threads per every inch

« Last Edit: 06/01/14 at 11:12:41 by wickedbiker »  
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #8 - 06/01/14 at 12:56:22

My suggestion is if you're going to extend the fork tubes I would keep it between the brackets and get a seriously heavy duty piece of pipe or tubing to that fills that space between the top and bottom brackets so that the connection doesn't bend and break.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:45:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need information on the fork caps (IMPORTANT)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.