Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch push rod questions (Read 131 times)
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Clutch push rod questions
05/25/14 at 06:59:12

I have an older engine on my bike because the newer one was blown.
The older one on my bike right now has a clutch that is barley hanging on. It is fully extended as far as adjustment with not much left. Otherwise it slips bad. I have wet clutch bike oil. I'm certain since it is barely in the bottom adjustment mark to on or below it. Cause its blowing it. It needs a new clutch push rod or what have you. As you can tell I know nothing. Grin
Now! How can I take what off of the newer other engine and make the other older one work again the clutch that is and make it in the adjustment lines again?
No I don't drink I just write topics like I do Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Clutch push rod questions
Reply #1 - 05/25/14 at 07:28:16

On the right side engine case is a couple of lines cast into the housing. With the slack taken out of the clutch arm, the arm should be somewhere between those two marks.  If it is between those marks.....the issue is not a clutch rod or clutch plate wear problem.

This photo is of a clutch with little wear.  As the clutch wears the lever will move down toward the lower mark, and then a shorter push rod is used.

Pushrod.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #2 - 05/25/14 at 10:35:20

Yea with slack in The line it is dipping below The bottom line. I bought this engine used on eBay and even though its not bad. It does have some pretty serious wear and tear on it

« Last Edit: 05/25/14 at 15:15:23 by wickedbiker »  
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 05/25/14 at 18:00:19

If you look in my photo....you can see my finger pushing the lever up so that it is lightly in contact with the pushrod inside the clutch.  You should not be checking the marks with the lever flopping down....it needs to be pushed up in contact to take out the slack.  All of them can be pulled down below the line with the clutch cable loose.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:25:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch push rod questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.