- Jim Morrison

Consider Yourself Baptised! Wink

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Re: Riding in the Rain?
Reply #16 - 05/30/14 at 13:49:06

I'm on the wet coast and I intentionally ride in everything except snow. Riding in that isn't intentional. I've fab'd up a stainless mud guard that extends another 4-6 inches beyond the front fender. It helps a ton in the rain. I still get soaked but I no longer have grit on my pant legs when I get home. The advice given earlier is spot on. Ride even more defensively. Slow down on corners and an avoid slippery things like paint, leaves and the oil covered center section of each lane.

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #17 - 05/30/14 at 14:20:40

greenmonster wrote on 05/30/14 at 13:49:06:
I'm on the wet coast and I intentionally ride in everything except snow. Riding in that isn't intentional. I've fab'd up a stainless mud guard that extends another 4-6 inches beyond the front fender.  

Can you post a picture of that? It sounds like a great idea. I've been thinking about modifying the front fender instead of trying to retrofit something else.

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #18 - 05/30/14 at 15:03:27

I don't have any shots of it right now. It was one of those things that I did at the end of a work day when we were having a biblical downpour. I felt I'd had enough and took a scrap of sheet metal, put two 90* bends in it for the sides and drilled a couple holes through it and the fender. Then I pulled out a scrap of 1/8" neoprene foam that we had kicking around and sandwiched that in between. It ain't pretty, but it works.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #19 - 05/30/14 at 21:18:28

I've been thinking something like an old CB350 fender on the front just haven't figured out where to mount the supports from the front and rear.

What happened to chrome fenders anyway?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 05/31/14 at 09:52:35

Theres a RR track that crosses a Busy road in TYler,, It crosses in a curve, a 45 MPH curve where most people are running 50. NOT knowing its there & running up on it in the rain could literally be a mans downfall,,
& the asphalt gap is kinda wide, too, probably 4 inches, so, its a bike crash waiting to happen, especially in wet..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 01:06:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding in the Rain?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.