Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New Handlebars!
Reply #15 - 06/10/14 at 10:13:31

Freeze plugs or expansion plugs are in engine blocks.  I believe they may actually be used to plug the holes used to remove the cores from castings - but they are commonly called freeze plugs - and I assume they pop out if the coolant freezes and saves the block from being cracked by the expanding ice.....not sure.

Anyhow - for this muffler a freeze plug could be installed in the center of the tube to force the exhaust to pass through the perforated holes on the inlet end.....then back through the holes on the outlet side once the exhaust passes the freeze plug.  This reduces noise by buffering the exhaust pulses.

freeze_plug.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
nickthe_human

Arkansas
Reply #16 - 06/10/14 at 14:47:10

that's a really cool idea for saving an engine. As for the muffler, sounds like the same concept except it's solid where the crumb cup has holes.

Thanks for my new thing I learned today Dave. It never stops. No matter how smart I tell my wife I am Grin

2005 S40
WWW   IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #17 - 06/10/14 at 16:38:37

Demin wrote on 06/08/14 at 06:49:01:
I like to support little guys...But I don't know how anybody can ride with the Biltwell Friscos.I have a set on the Intruder.They look cool,but suck to actually hold on to.

Huh. I love my Frisco's. I hate pullback with a passion, and want to destroy the buckhorns that came stock on the bike in some pagan ritual to the motorcycle gods.  I do wish they had a bit of downsweep, but pullback? Hell no.

For me, rabbit ears and chopstix look like the most uncomfortable bars I can imagine, and I've done 4 and 5 hour rides to visit family in Tobermory with my Frisco's. Only stopping for gas, and had no problems at all.

Different strokes....

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #18 - 06/10/14 at 16:43:27

I like my Friscos too.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:21:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Handlebars!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.