Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Passenger Seat Loose (Read 44 times)
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Passenger Seat Loose
05/19/14 at 06:50:45

Does anyone else's passenger seat wiggle, even though the bolt it tight? I checked to ensure it was connected to the fender OK.   I know I just took off my saddlebags though.  Any thoughts or fixes for it you all know about?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Passenger Seat Loose
Reply #1 - 05/19/14 at 07:24:27

2 piece seat can feel/look like it is snapped under the fender bail when in reality it isn't. If it didn't take crossing your eyes and holding your mouth just right to get the seat tabs under the bail, then they probably missed it.  Wink

If your seat does pop into place alright, and still moves around, get some felt furniture pads and stick them in place under the tabs. Will add a bit of bite AND protect the fender paint from the bare plastic seat feet.. really you should do that anyway, another Suzuki shortcut that needs to be addressed. Quick cheap fix, much cheaper than repairing the paint or replacing a rusted out rear fender.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Reply #2 - 05/19/14 at 08:11:39

WD wrote on 05/19/14 at 07:24:27:
2 piece seat can feel/look like it is snapped under the fender bail when in reality it isn't. If it didn't take crossing your eyes and holding your mouth just right to get the seat tabs under the bail, then they probably missed it.  Wink

If your seat does pop into place alright, and still moves around, get some felt furniture pads and stick them in place under the tabs. Will add a bit of bite AND protect the fender paint from the bare plastic seat feet.. really you should do that anyway, another Suzuki shortcut that needs to be addressed. Quick cheap fix, much cheaper than repairing the paint or replacing a rusted out rear fender.

Yeah, it looks like it's under the fender bail but maybe it's not.  I'll check it later though to be sure.  If not, when I get my new saddlebags in, I'm sure that will tighten them up or I'll do what you suggested. Thanks for the advice! Smiley

IP Logged
doh13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NS CANADA
Reply #3 - 05/19/14 at 19:02:27

My 99 savage rear seat moves around as you described and i dont think anyone has ever been sitting on it  so it must be common. Thanks for the tip  WD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:45:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Passenger Seat Loose

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.