Send Topic Print
tank bib template (Read 63 times)
CactusChris
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

tank bib template
05/18/14 at 22:29:31

Maybe some one has this.  I recently had a tank bib made, however, the person making it did not trust the template that they made off the bike. Does anyone have a template for the cut outs of the instrument cluster and the fuel fill? The bib is made with the exception of the cluster and the gas cap. They did good work, however, it's unfinished.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: tank bib template
Reply #1 - 05/18/14 at 22:44:46

CactusChris wrote on 05/18/14 at 22:29:31:
Maybe some one has this.  I recently had a tank bib made, however, the person making it did not trust the template that they made off the bike. Does anyone have a template for the cut outs of the instrument cluster and the fuel fill? The bib is made with the exception of the cluster and the gas cap. They did good work, however, it's unfinished.

This fits real good.

http://www.chilhowee.net/suzuki-tankbra/TB047.html

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 05/19/14 at 00:06:18

pg wrote on 05/18/14 at 22:44:46:
CactusChris wrote on 05/18/14 at 22:29:31:

This fits real good.

http://www.chilhowee.net/suzuki-tankbra/TB047.html

I would hope so for that price...  Shocked

That's 2 new rear tires if you shop the clearance sales...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/19/14 at 09:05:53

If I needed a template Id pull the tank ( gonna need to drain it first),
Pull the speedo, lay some poster board on it & tape it down. Put a clean towel on the work bench, flip the tank over, mark where the speedo hole is, ends of the tank, etc.. Cut the thing out. How they are secured at the ends I dunno,,,BUt, you can go to an upholstery shop & have something sewn up, you can get the materials & get it all mocked up & sew it yourself or take it to a shop & just let them run it thru their sewing machine,, Of course, if it doesnt fit, thats on you.
What happens when ya get gas on it? Does it sit between the bib & paint? That doesnt sound like a good plan..

MMMkay, youd hafta cut the speedo hole in the paper, then set the speedo in the hole, on top of the paper & mark the paper & make the hole accept the speedo body.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 08:39:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tank bib template

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.