Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ID this pipe? (Read 140 times)
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

ID this pipe?
05/18/14 at 20:17:56

I want to list it. What is it? What is it worth? It is about 19 inches long and has a single baffle. It came on my used S40 and it was so obnoxiously loud, I had the stock pipe put back on.

Short_Pipe.jpg

K/N Filter; Tachometer; Raptor Petcock; Engine Guard; Highway Pegs; Windshield; GT Grips; Shot Filled Dragbars; Saddle Bags and Supports; 12V Outlet
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: ID this pipe?
Reply #1 - 05/18/14 at 20:25:30

I dunno,, BUt,, You HAD the stock pipe put on? YOu didnt do it? What did that cost ya?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #2 - 05/18/14 at 20:28:34

Free.  Nada. Nothing.

Plus, my billing rate is $450/hr.  It just doesn't make sense for me to spend oodles of time figuring out how to do this sort of thing myself, not when I can easily afford the stealership.  Plus, I'd rather spend my very limited free time riding than tinkering.

K/N Filter; Tachometer; Raptor Petcock; Engine Guard; Highway Pegs; Windshield; GT Grips; Shot Filled Dragbars; Saddle Bags and Supports; 12V Outlet
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/18/14 at 20:32:04

Plus, my billing rate is $450/hr.

Just doesnt make sense for you to be messin with savin $50.00 by "investing" a few hours labor, then, duzzitt?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #4 - 05/18/14 at 20:34:10

Exactly.

Can anyone ID this pipe so I can list it on Craigslist for free?  Thanks.

IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #5 - 05/18/14 at 20:46:55

Someone told me it looked like an emgo and I found this listing in their catalogue.  What do you think?

Screen_Shot_2014-05-18_at_10_45_21_PM.png

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/18/14 at 21:00:04

Well,, Im still not certain of the name of your pipe, but if I was organizing parts & came across an Emgo Id tell my helper
"These go over there, that stuff can go over here & Emgo in the trash"..

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 05/18/14 at 21:06:54

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Reply #8 - 05/18/14 at 22:10:20

How much you want for it shiiped to 11757 ? Im in New York

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 05/19/14 at 00:02:53

It is an Emgo, they make 95% of the house brand generic shorty mufflers, levers, filters, mirrors, brake shoes/pads, etc... Guess the stealership didn't bother to tell you it is repackable... you can tune the flow and the sound for around $20 in materials and 5 minutes worth of time.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #10 - 05/19/14 at 05:39:54

I think I found it.  Emgo Megaphone Universal Muffler 80-84034.  Retails new for $50.

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Emgo-Megaphone-Universal-Muffler-80-84034...

Since someone asked, I'd be happy to sell my used one for $25 shipped by USPS standard post to continental US lower 48 states, of which about $10 is the shipping cost.  So that equates to about $15 plus $10 for shipping.  Or I could throw it in the trash and make the world a better place.  Smiley

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 05/19/14 at 05:43:49

You could hold it up to your mouth and sing "Winchester Cathedral"....but then you would have to be born prior to 1960 to understand why that has any meaning!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 05/20/14 at 05:14:59

If no one else wants it, send it to me and I can either modify the inside so that it actually works like a muffler and send it back to you.....or I can pay you for it, modify it and offer it up to someone else cheap.

Either way.....it won't be scaring puppies and making children cry anymore.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ihasabike

^^ihasapicofit!

Reply #13 - 05/20/14 at 05:43:13

I just might take you up on that.  It did save some weight on the bike.  That's the only thing I liked about it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 19:31:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ID this pipe?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.