Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Probably saying bye to my Suzuki (Read 331 times)
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Probably saying bye to my Suzuki
05/16/14 at 18:30:34

I made the mistake of talking to my wife's step-brother about bikes back in the winter months.  He mentioned possibly being interested in selling his Dyna Super Glide.  At the time I didn't think I'd be interested, but as time passed I grew a bit more interested until I talked myself into buying it.

Someone's coming to check out the '98 LS650 tomorrow.  If the price is right, I'll be saying good bye to it.  It served me well for the time that I had it and used it.  It was a lot of fun to ride even with the oil leak that it sadly still has.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Probably saying bye to my Suzuki
Reply #1 - 05/16/14 at 21:50:46

Post us a pic of yer' new bike... Smiley...

...n' ride safe...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/17/14 at 08:25:51

There is no easier way to get a Dyna muffler..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 05/17/14 at 12:38:36

Best of luck with the new bike  Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #4 - 05/17/14 at 19:13:46

Serowbot wrote on 05/16/14 at 21:50:46:
Post us a pic of yer' new bike... Smiley...

...n' ride safe...

Hopefully this comes through ok for everyone else:

(Linked from facebook posting)

It shows a little age in a few spots (mostly on the trim on the tank, as an example, which I had to glue back since it was popping off the chrome piece on the top of the tank) but over all has been well cared for.

It is about to pass the 15k mark with me taking it in for the 15k service job at the end of the month.  Since it had sat for much of the last two years (give or take), I wanted to get the oil change done anyway, so I'm gonna get everything done at the same time (and am hoping to get the cigarette lighter socket added to it at the same time so I can use my GPS on it with the traffic monitoring feature).

Before I say goodbye to the Suzuki, I'll get a picture of it and posted it in its current state.

A potential buyer looked it over tonite and looks to be ready to buy it assuming it passes inspection (and it should do so easily).  It is leaking oil (and I conveyed same to the potential buyer) and still needs to have the plug swapped to solve that issue permanently, but can be driven as is (just have to watch the oil level).  I like the idea that someone will give it a good home and keep it going.

I do have to say, I never got around to installing the forward controls set that I bought through another member here.  When I got on it this afternoon/early evening I realized from that side just how different the seating arrangement/control arrangement is on that bike versus the Dyna.  Wow.  If I had gotten the forward controls installed, it might not have been nearly as noticeable.  Tongue

IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #5 - 05/17/14 at 19:15:03

ToesNose wrote on 05/17/14 at 12:38:36:
Best of luck with the new bike  Smiley

Thanks.  I'm enjoying it so far, and hope to for several years to come, but being careful on it is always a good thing (and hoping that the rest of the vehicles around me are being careful and looking out for bikers like me is of course also always a concern).

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 05/17/14 at 21:56:06

Cool

A man could get spoiled to those Hydrolic lifters and push rods !

Makes things run nice and quiet.  Tongue

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 05/21/14 at 04:57:33

You know, there is nothing wrong with having multiple bikes in the garage ... in fact, it is mentally and emotionally healthy !

IP Logged
Doc B
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lancaster, PA
Reply #8 - 05/21/14 at 11:29:39

Like me! and I'm on here looking for a LS650...

Doc B

Suzuki 1997 VS1400gl
Suzuki 1998 GS500e
Suzuki 2007 AN650A (Burgman Executive)
Suzuki 2008 GSX1300BK B-King
***Looking for a LS650 for the wife! ***
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #9 - 05/23/14 at 10:21:43

LANCER wrote on 05/21/14 at 04:57:33:
You know, there is nothing wrong with having multiple bikes in the garage ... in fact, it is mentally and emotionally healthy !

... except for the monetary hit of the insurance for the second bike and the costs of keeping the second bike well maintained Sad

I would love to keep both but am also space constrained.  I live in a mobile home and don't have a garage to keep either bike in.  Best I have is a BBQ gazebo to park under and a cover for the bike.  That helps but it still leaves a bike more exposed than I'd like Sad  (and we just had a theft problem at my home with someone helping themselves to my propane powered generator so leaving anything unprotected is now worrisome.)

Finally adding some injury to the situation, I could add to this thread since I apparently didn't take the advice offered above and laid down my new precious  Angry  I went to take an off-ramp from one highway and merge onto the local beltway and unfortunately the last stop by the stop and go traffic that was lined up on the ramp came up too hard and too fast.  I didn't crack the bike up too badly but did bang myself up good with a "proximal humerus fracture" that now has me in a sling for 4 - 6 weeks of what would be prime riding season in my area  :'(

At this point I'm happy to be giving another rider a chance to enjoy the Savage.  Younger rider who has been dreaming about getting his own bike.  I hope he gets several years out of it and enjoys the love I tried to put into it when I had it.  Meanwhile I'll be putting a few replacement parts back on the Dyna to replace what I busted up and then will wait impatiently until my left arm works like it should so I can engage the clutch and rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiide

IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #10 - 06/03/14 at 06:46:59

Officially sold last night, though the buyer may need a few days to get to Tag & Title issues.  I've passed him (his name is Austin) the address for this site and highly recommended that he check in here and learn as much as he can about his new-to-him ride.

I wish him all the best with it and hope it gives him many years of service and enjoyment.

IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #11 - 06/12/14 at 18:54:39

terpfan1980 wrote on 06/03/14 at 06:46:59:
Officially sold last night, though the buyer may need a few days to get to Tag & Title issues.  I've passed him (his name is Austin) the address for this site and highly recommended that he check in here and learn as much as he can about his new-to-him ride.

I wish him all the best with it and hope it gives him many years of service and enjoyment.

Welp, that didn't last too long Sad  Something told me not to go running off and turning in my tags or cancelling my insurance on the Savage.  Sure 'nuff, my sale fell through.  Buyer's car blew up on him and he found himself too poor to be able to pay for the tags/title, etc.  He would have honored the deal (and had already paid me) but I didn't want to be a jerk and leave him strapped for the cash he would need to get his car issues dealt with.

So, I'm back to having a spare bike.  Too bad I'm still about a week or two away from being able to ride again as I wait for my arm/shoulder to get back to some semblance of normal.  I'm hopeful that I might be out riding on the 21, but that might be cutting it close and I may find myself arguing with wife 2.0 and my daughter if I try to get out then.  More realistically the weekend after should find me closer to being ready to ride without worrying about whether I can move the left arm enough to control the bike with.

IP Logged
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Reply #12 - 06/13/14 at 04:43:14

seriously considering selling my savage and my kwaka for this beast  2006 Bully m50    Cool  Smiley

317135863.jpg

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #13 - 06/13/14 at 12:20:42

sorry to hear about your fall Terpfan

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #14 - 06/13/14 at 14:35:07

shorty wrote on 06/13/14 at 12:20:42:
sorry to hear about your fall Terpfan

Thanks.  I'm getting back to normal, just slower than I'd like.  I'm hoping I might be able to ride the weekend of 6/21 - 6/23  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:31:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Probably saying bye to my Suzuki

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.