Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good battery/first ride of the season (Read 84 times)
polarpilot
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Canada
Good battery/first ride of the season
05/13/14 at 19:10:36

Yesterday, I took the smart charger off Ole Yellar One and carefully pack away the tool kit and locked in the chrome side cover. I reached across the saddle turned on the key and she started right up.
I then reached across again and turned her off but accidentally switched into the emergency stop position.
With plenty of light I did not notice that the tail and, isc lights were on.
10 hours later Angry I was back in the shop and discovered them cheerfully lighting up the garage.
Tonight again I punched the start and to my surprise she immediately fired and ran.
Needless to say we ran twenty kms down the road immediately.
It was my first ride of the season And was a total joy!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Good battery/first ride of the season
Reply #1 - 05/14/14 at 09:44:08

Better ride it like you stole it up there, Pilot...
You got a short season... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 05/14/14 at 23:26:24

Long time no see, dude.
Hows things ?

IP Logged
polarpilot
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Canada
Reply #3 - 05/15/14 at 19:27:20

We had a very hard winter both in the Arctic and here in southern central Saskatchewan. I saw the remnants of snow pack still in the bush yesterday
All this means is riding season is slow getting started.
There is a 500 km group ride on Sunday so might get some rolling in.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 05/16/14 at 03:49:20

Must feel good to be back in the saddle after such a harsh winter, glad your battery is doing the job!   Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #5 - 05/16/14 at 06:58:23

I have friends in Regina and they told me all about this winter, I thought we had it bad in NY. That guy is an engineer and go see customers way north, drives a full size Hummer and he goes as far as the road takes him and sometimes has to continue with a plane. He's gone weeks at a time and got stuck in a bad storm inside his Hummer, after a few hours he called his wife cause he didnt think he was gonna make it.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 05/16/14 at 12:19:26

Well here in Kentucky.....last weekend it was almost too hot to put riding gear on.  My wife and I went for a ride and while suiting up we just couldn't seem to get it on fast enough and get on the bike to get some airflow.

This weekend we are down in the low 40's!

This was "National Ride your Bicycle to Work Day".....but for me it was "Drive my Car to Work with the Heater on Day".

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/18/14 at 10:19:33

Arnold wrote on 05/16/14 at 06:58:23:
I have friends in Regina and they told me all about this winter, I thought we had it bad in NY. That guy is an engineer and go see customers way north, drives a full size Hummer and he goes as far as the road takes him and sometimes has to continue with a plane. He's gone weeks at a time and got stuck in a bad storm inside his Hummer, after a few hours he called his wife cause he didnt think he was gonna make it.

If I was that guy Id carry a generator, food, water & anything else I could jam into that hummer. Put lights on the roof, get a radio that seriously gets out, The generator could mount outside,, heck, maybe under the hood, I dunno,, but yes, people DIE, trapped in a car in bad weather.. If he has the $$$ for a Hummer, he has the $$$ to make it into a survival wagon. I hope he takes it seriously now that he has had such a wake up call,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 05/19/14 at 17:11:17

Arnold wrote on 05/16/14 at 06:58:23:

Well...looks like I won't be complaining about the traffic through Chino Hills anymore... Embarrassed

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:29:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Good battery/first ride of the season

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.