Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
choke question - is this  normal? (Read 95 times)
windingroads
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

choke question - is this  normal?
05/13/14 at 17:26:36

Cleaning out the carb on this 2002 Savage, noticed the choke lever hangs up on the bracket (see pic). Not sure if that's by design, or if the bracket was somehow bent out of shape ... should this choke plunger retract all the way when "off", or is this as far seated as it goes? Thanks all.

choke.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: choke question - is this  normal?
Reply #1 - 05/13/14 at 19:35:37

Mines sold, so I cant just go have a look,, BUT, theres a Midway OUt click & an All the way out.. If it doesnt have a midway click & an all the way out Stop,, then its not all the way in,BUT, Look at that bracket, do she look warped? ( Granted, Ive met "warped" that didnt LOOK warped".If'n ya know whut ah mean. )

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
doh13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NS CANADA
Reply #2 - 05/13/14 at 19:57:26

I just got a savage and took my carb apart the other day and took the choke out and i am pretty sure that's how my choke was and if you look at the savage picture cd files  under air and fuel it is the same there as well so no worries it seems to be normal. PS those pictures are awsum! you should download them i have used them more than once already and i have had the bike less than a week.

IP Logged
cafecarl

I love old
motorcycles

Maine
Reply #3 - 05/14/14 at 12:15:57

I just checked mine, your good the way it is. Looks kinda funky though doesn't it?

IP Logged
windingroads
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/15/14 at 04:52:33

Yep, definitely looks "not right", though I couldn't figure out how that rather beefy bracket would've been bent. Thanks for your replies, that puts my mind at ease.

Took the day off today, so I could get things back together and hopefully take a ride, get some pics, and post it up for sale.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:25:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › choke question - is this  normal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.