Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mini bullet LED turn signals how to questions ?? (Read 85 times)
cobra
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mini bullet LED turn signals how to questions ??
05/13/14 at 15:41:32

I'm doing a conversion and I want to install LED turn signals in the front and mini bullet LED rear turn signals. The front will clip around the forks and the rear will go through the fender on each sides   (original fender is gone ) Anybody has a schematic for LED hook up, I know you have to put a resistor so they don't flash too fast but anybody has the detailed wiring schematic, thanks !

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Mini bullet LED turn signals how to questions
Reply #1 - 05/13/14 at 20:18:02

You can fix the fast flash with an "electronic" flash module...just replace the analog one under the (correction) right side tank with the electronic one.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 05/13/14 at 20:21:28

J&P Cycles are very good at selling lights and harness combined with installation instructions on the web. Look'em up. Complete set starts around $125

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 05/13/14 at 20:42:24

Was watching a video about a fiberglass tank build and the guy was actually doing a cafe' build on a bike...
He does everything, including some led fixes.... here is a link to the video that includes how to wire up led's.... just remember your charging system is putting out 14 volts...he mentions it after he burns up a couple leds in a different video.... so go by the charts he shows you and make sure your resistors can take 14 volts so they don't blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoVGdlO757Y&list=PL8SLiVEQM9KNBccNx4p2W9W5ggK...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #4 - 05/14/14 at 06:39:00

All you have to do is change the flasher unit out like old rider said.10 bux or so at any auto parts place.Unplug old one,plug in new one...Done.It's an "L" shaped plug.

Mine is the little silver piece just below my tank.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
cobra
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/14/14 at 17:29:48

Thank you guys can't wait to get my LED's and install them ! Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:24:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mini bullet LED turn signals how to questions ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.