Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tell me about rubber peel off paint? (Read 66 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Tell me about rubber peel off paint?
05/11/14 at 21:32:48

I saw some wheels painted by the three girls on tv with that auto show. They said it lasted a long time and then you just peel it off. No scuffing--just good cleaning with a good solvent and spray on over clear coat. They used matte black, and it looked good. This is new and sprays on. Not like PlastiDip. I have perfect (2001) rims, but I like black; however, I won't sand them just to paint them. There are several hits on the net, but I'd like to hear from someone here. Anybody?    Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Tell me about rubber peel off paint?
Reply #1 - 05/12/14 at 03:10:59

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 05/12/14 at 05:47:22

I have plastidip... and actually it pretty much does what many claim. I bought gold and put it on my AL rims. But its just tooooo gold.. so I used a pressure washer and washed it off. I need to get off my lazy butt and re-do it in AL.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #3 - 05/12/14 at 13:52:43

The stuff I saw is way ahead of PlastiDip. They didn't even mask off the tire and sprayed the rim with tire mounted. Then they peeled off the overspray around the rim edge like it had a zipper.  Thanks, Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/12/14 at 21:38:10

I found a website for "wrap" paint very close to what I saw on tv. It is at Alsa.com. This could be revolutionary if it works. Like the boots that go through mud and come out clean. And you can now order a car that sheds muddy water kinda' like Rain X. I  expect it to really improve and start selling within the year. With the talent some of you guys and gals have the possibilities are endless. Did I mention the guy who painted a Corvette with a roller? It's wild!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:21:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tell me about rubber peel off paint?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.