Send Topic Print
Wish me luck.... (Read 129 times)
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Wish me luck....
05/11/14 at 12:29:12

At 45 years old I've decided to start driving lessons.. I've only driven a car a couple of times before.. My dads Hilman Hunter back in the 70's when I was a nipper and sat on his lap and my Mums 80's Citron CX Estate.. What a crazy car that was..  at 16 I already had an illegal rat RD250 that I was buzzing around on and my Mum thought driving would make me a more sensible member of society.. Good intentions and all that but bless her my Mum couldn't handle giving me driving lessons..

Years go by.. Lessons get more expensive and tests harder but it'd be good to see things from another perspective... Smiley

I've not even told my friends so may just do a blog here to get it off my chest.. Smiley

S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Re: Wish me luck....
Reply #1 - 05/11/14 at 12:35:15

If you've survived riding a bike for all these years, you should do fine in a car. Good luck!

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #2 - 05/11/14 at 17:19:42

Good luck man !

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 05/12/14 at 04:36:27

Doesn't matter how old you are, if it's something that you want/need/desire then do it!

BEST OF LUCK!

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 05/12/14 at 05:44:58

Good luck... shouldn't be much of an issue. Cars are alot better than in the 80's. OF course if you wait long enough... Google will just drive it for you!

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #5 - 05/12/14 at 16:55:22

Good luck.  You already know the traffic laws and such and are probably much, much more observant of your surroundings that 99% of those in cars.  You shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Just remember the car isn't as fast as the savage when you hit the throttle and it won't handle curves like the bike either...you'll find a ditch.

I have found as I have gotten older, I am much less tolerant of very cold and very warm than I once was.  I've had licenses for both car and bike for years.  Got car when I was 15 and bike when I was 16. It's nice to be inside a nice heated car when there's a downpour and it's just above freezing. When the weather is nice, nothing beats the bike.

I always wanted a 2CV and a real mini. Never got to have either.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Reply #6 - 05/13/14 at 00:01:44

aaahhhh...the old Billy Bunter,I think they have to rate in the top 5 of British motors,behind the V6 capri,Mini and the mighy Avenger (1500,twin carb  Wink )  Smiley

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #7 - 05/13/14 at 05:06:32

cars are easier than bikes...piece of cake man  Wink

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 05/13/14 at 09:12:35

Good Luck skiddo!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 05/13/14 at 09:53:40

People here in the US won't understand...
Here,.. all you need is 20 minutes, $20.00, and a brain that functions better than a potato... and you are a licensed driver...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 05/13/14 at 10:24:07

Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 09:53:40:
People here in the US won't understand...
Here,.. all you need is 20 minutes, $20.00, and a brain that functions better than a potato... and you are a licensed driver...
Grin...

Yeah right... hit up the testing station in the ghetto, take a bottle of Ripple, Mad Dog, Thunderbird, Night Train, etc similar sickeningly sweet fortified wine... walk out with your license, no test required...

Bike test here is start the bike, roll backwards out of the parking spot, lap around the building, park it, shut down and go get your picture taken. Unless it is winter and you rode it in, in which case, you automatically passed the test. TN makes it easy because big rigs and motorcycles are the main source of traffic fines (cars are sacrosanct, untouchable) feeding the welfare coffers... Not one dime is rolled back into infrastructure improvements.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/13/14 at 18:16:40

For our British friend, each individual state here in the USA has its' own requirements, some are more difficult than others.  ~SAFETY TIP~   And don't forget, everybody drives on the wrong side of the street where you live!!   Smiley  Good luck, you'll do it.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:27:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Wish me luck....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.