Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cheap Highway Pegs Idea, Comments? (Read 188 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Cheap Highway Pegs Idea, Comments?
Reply #15 - 05/13/14 at 13:45:52

I second greenmonster on the inseam question. I would also like to ask if the foot rests there or do you need to actually hold them there?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #16 - 05/13/14 at 14:59:17

I'm in the middle of making a set of my own as well. I bought 2 Kona Bike Stems  http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8592936/p4pb8592936.jpg is close to what i got from EMS for 5$ each. They are for handle bars, Clamped them onto the down tube below the fork and fit some aluminium tube stock into them. The angle they come off the bike is a bit high but i'm going to put a bend into them/ lower them on the down tube. More pics when i get them adjusted just right.

IMG_20140513_174512.jpg
  IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #17 - 05/13/14 at 15:17:53

I don't know my inseam but I'm 5'9" and almost extended on these. I think they would work for most anyone on this bike.

By the way you might not believe this but I ended up drilling the holes using concrete drill his I had Tongue

« Last Edit: 05/13/14 at 16:27:09 by wickedbiker »  
WWW   IP Logged
wickedbiker

Riding a Wicked
Savage Custom

Tampa Bay, FL.
Reply #18 - 05/13/14 at 16:33:15

Greg wrote on 05/13/14 at 13:45:52:
I second greenmonster on the inseam question. I would also like to ask if the foot rests there or do you need to actually hold them there?

The foot rests there, matter of fact I can put my feet over them and stretch completely out if I want and with my feet on them its like sitting in a recliner. Although I'm not willing to test it' I'm 195 pounds I'm almost willing to bet I could stand up on them. Like I said they are as sturdy as anything you could by. I have already been riding all over the place with them and hitting ruts, potholes whatever they are great. Matter of fact as small as this bike is you'd think Suzuki would have done these stock on this bike.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:30:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cheap Highway Pegs Idea, Comments?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.