Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Foot Pegs (Read 120 times)
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Foot Pegs
05/06/14 at 08:50:25

Yes, I am trying to upgrade a few things on my Savage this year and foot pegs are one of them.

Are they pretty easy to take off and put on?  Anyone got a video of how to do that?  I'm no mechanically stupid videos always help!  LOL!

Is there a specific size I need to look for or does anyone have some recommendations?

Thanks again all!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Foot Pegs
Reply #1 - 05/06/14 at 09:31:49

The bolts that hold them pass thru the engine & also hold the side stand, so there are things to watch for,,But a video shouldnt be needed, even for a complete non mechanic, Just gotta get them tight enough to make sure ya dont leak oil out of the engine. Those bolts clamp the sides together. Just dont go loosening them & pulling them w/o having the bike held up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Reply #2 - 05/07/14 at 06:25:39

Yeah, I took off one of the front pegs last night to see how easy it was and it was pretty simple...even for a non-mechanic guy.  So, thanks, as always, for the information.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 05/07/14 at 08:12:58

Hacksaw the chrome end caps off, slip off the rubber. Install a new peg cover, I like BSA and Triumph version, but some Honda ones work just as well. That way, you keep the stock oddball "hooked" core.

Looks like this when done...

Since replaced with Harley Davidson Panhead half moon floorboards, welded to the stock peg core stubs...

Pokey is what you'd call a "Honsuyamaki Davidson"... parts from the metric Big 4 manufacturers, with Harley handlebar, perches/levers, floorboards, taillight and rear fender...  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:23:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Foot Pegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.