Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
first ride after rebuild (Read 81 times)
JBK

MS
first ride after rebuild
04/30/14 at 15:21:51

Rode today for first time after getting everything up and running. I have a noticeable squeal/wine coming from behind my left leg where the belt is.  Is it too tight? I can barely bend it to a 90° angle.

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Re: first ride after rebuild
Reply #1 - 04/30/14 at 15:30:18

Yep it's too tight. You should be able to turn it 90 fairly easily. Recently I read that you should be able to turn it to 90 with your nail bed turning white only as you reach the 90. I haven't tested that myself but it sounds about right.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/30/14 at 20:19:33

I dunno about the nail bed turning white, BUT, I do know if yer face turns blue, its way too tight

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 04/30/14 at 23:47:38

The 90 degree trick goes back to 1998 or early 1999 on the Hiese forum, the predecessor of this site. Hoggryder, Intrud'n, Polar Pilot, Max Morley (R.I.P my friend) and I put our heads together so to speak and came up with that belt tension spec.

It works. Push down on your computer desk while watching your thumbnail bed. When the nail bed bleaches white... that is the resistance you want on the drive belt. Both wheels on the ground, bike on the sidestand. Roll the bike backwards in first gear, when it stops, set your tension.

And throw the little brass dealy bopper thingy-ma-widget away if you still have the stock tools. It is beyond useless.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 05/01/14 at 04:19:39

WD wrote on 04/30/14 at 23:47:38:
The 90 degree trick goes back to 1998 or early 1999 on the Hiese forum, the predecessor of this site. Hoggryder, Intrud'n, Polar Pilot, Max Morley (R.I.P my friend) and I put our heads together so to speak and came up with that belt tension spec.

It works. Push down on your computer desk while watching your thumbnail bed. When the nail bed bleaches white... that is the resistance you want on the drive belt. Both wheels on the ground, bike on the sidestand. Roll the bike backwards in first gear, when it stops, set your tension.

And throw the little brass dealy bopper thingy-ma-widget away if you still have the stock tools. It is beyond useless.

If you sharpen the end of it, it makes a pretty good plumb-bob.   Wink  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:27:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › first ride after rebuild

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.