Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My first bike and my first project (Read 216 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: My first bike and my first project
Reply #15 - 05/01/14 at 06:56:29

By golly! I believe you did read Sherlock Holmes as a young man,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
William Pors
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/01/14 at 11:37:08

You should also look into some saddlebags, the sides look a little bit empty on your bike. It'll even it right out if thats what you're down for.
Personally, I like viking, but theres saddlemen and jafrum out there. Jafrum is the cheapest of the bunch but I like viking cuz of value
Check em out http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-suzuki-saddlebags.htm

IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Reply #17 - 05/01/14 at 14:43:27

Oooooh, yeah.  Saddle bags are definitely on the list.  This bike is going to be my transportation to work and any fun places I can think of to go, so  I need to be able to carry a laptop or pack for a camping trip.

I found the previous previous owner on facebook and sent him a message, but he hasn't responded yet.

2001 Savage LS 650, capped Supertrapp exhaust, Raptor petcock, Spitfire windshield, raised seat, 3" socket riser, oversize handlebar, sealed battery, wip
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 05/01/14 at 20:34:02

Did ya tell him you have his old bike?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Reply #19 - 05/01/14 at 21:04:40

Facebook wants a dollar to message people I'm not friends with, so I changed my profile pic to a pic of the bike and sent him a friend request.  Hopefully he'll figure it out.

2001 Savage LS 650, capped Supertrapp exhaust, Raptor petcock, Spitfire windshield, raised seat, 3" socket riser, oversize handlebar, sealed battery, wip
  IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Reply #20 - 07/01/14 at 22:37:49

An update on my progress.  I've installed some front turn signals:

I put in a new intake manifold:

(too boring to photograph)

I took my first road trip and got up around 80 mph, and I had to lay down on the tank and try to use my helmet to deflect some wind off my torso so I wouldn't fly away.  After that I decided to get serious and install my new universal shatter-proof windscreen:

It works as well as I need it to, and should last until I can put something more professional on there.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:21:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › My first bike and my first project

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.