Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Jesus shows up
Reply #15 - 04/29/14 at 17:57:14

WebsterMark wrote on 04/29/14 at 17:45:36:
raydawg wrote on 04/29/14 at 17:35:25:
The funny thing is we don't even know what Jesus looked like.....

For sure he was not some Hollywood hunk.....

Judas had to even point him out to those who wanted to kill him, and that is after repeatedly speaking in synagogues, etc.

I would assume he just melted into fold of ordinariness, nothing like artist renditions of him.  

He had to point him out because it was dark. Nothing but light from a few torches probably. Yes, he probably looked like everyone else.

There's a description of what the apostle Paul looked like I read once that was  written some years after his death, ordinary, in fact, kinda ugly if I recall what it said.

There are other references too, in daylight, where the question was posed to "who was/is that man". He indeed was of no noble standing in looks or appearance.

Don't argue with me, I will tell bot  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/29/14 at 19:01:10

I think in context, those references fall under two categories: in a strange town it was literally who is that guy? They didn't know him. In a known place when speaking his strange message, it was who does this guy think he is!

That's what I think anyway.

Okay with you Sew? My mental image of you now sew is the lawman with the reflective glasses from Cool Hand Luke. I gotta ask permission for everything. "Takin' it off here boss?"......

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 04/29/14 at 19:38:53

WebsterMark wrote on 04/29/14 at 19:01:10:
I think in context, those references fall under two categories: in a strange town it was literally who is that guy? They didn't know him. In a known place when speaking his strange message, it was who does this guy think he is!

That's what I think anyway.

Okay with you Sew? My mental image of you now sew is the lawman with the reflective glasses from Cool Hand Luke. I gotta ask permission for everything. "Takin' it off here boss?"......

Webby, enuff of Bot, honestly.
I joked, but no more..... the darn horse is dead.

He does a very good job here, does not hide his feelings, or beliefs, and doesn't belittle or grudge those in opposition.

He simply extended his stewardship of the board toward NC, as an ambassador of goodwill.....

I offer you advice without malice, suggest you take it, even if you still feel slighted....
And ignore folk who you feel won't engage you in a manner to your liking...
Pretty simple stuff, eh?  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/29/14 at 20:04:11

Aw....I'm only yanking his chain for a while. Since you're so darn corgial about it, I'll file it away for a while. See, I'm a genuinely nice guy....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 04/30/14 at 03:49:21

WebsterMark wrote on 04/29/14 at 20:04:11:
Aw....I'm only yanking his chain for a while. Since you're so darn corgial about it, I'll file it away for a while. See, I'm a genuinely nice guy....

I believe you are a nice guy, as are all who post in TT, trouble is we are extroverts, wanting/need to extend ourselves socially is just an extension of that trait.....
Trouble brews if we put ourselves before others, as opposed to extending the right to others, that we want/expect extended to us....

Thanks buddy  Kiss

PS: I appreciate your strongly held opines, state em' and let them be accepted, or rejected, no need to rebut a mind that is closed....
that is folly, only gives attention to one who craves it hungrily.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 00:10:10

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Jesus shows up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.