Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
LS650 vs SV650 starter? (Read 248 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: LS650 vs SV650 starter?
Reply #15 - 05/02/14 at 21:49:34

Sounds to me like youve got enough snap to do th carb.. Doesnt need a float unless the one in it is leaking. NOT putting the new needle in the carb while he was in there? PHHHT!  If he had one, he shoulda dropped it in. Sounds like he didnt pull the floats & needle,, That could be the problem,, crap in the seat.. the needle may be fine,, If you take it to someone, dont walk away,, stay & watch,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
taknbytuf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/09/14 at 10:41:04

Well apparently not all starters will fit.  Embarrassed Got an 01 and it doesn't fit. Mounting brackets completely dif. So back to hunting for a starter. I've pulled fuel line and left pet thingy on off nothings leaking so once I get another starter located I guess will roll it back up the hill to the neighbor to discuss putting the float in the carb. Luckily when he gave it back to me I tossed I saddle bag so at least don't have to try to cough up more $ other than buying 2 starters lol

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 05/09/14 at 10:58:03

pictures, where did you get it?
most likely the seller mis identified it.

I have '88 thru '02... no difference.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 05/09/14 at 13:08:00

You can always throw the non-applicable starter up on the "for sale" board here, someone might want or need an extra. Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 05/09/14 at 13:19:40

old_rider wrote on 05/09/14 at 13:08:00:
You can always throw the non-applicable starter up on the "for sale" board here, someone might want or need an extra. Smiley

If it was an eBay purchase with PayPal gaurantee.....the seller should take it back and pay return shipping.  Obviously the starter is not what it was supposed to be.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #20 - 05/09/14 at 16:04:35

You might look in yellow pages if anybody in your area rebuilds starters and/or alternators?  There is a guy near me that rebuilds starters (for cars anyway) I think it was like $60 - been a year or 2 - Lot cheaper than a new or remanufactured unit, anyway.

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
taknbytuf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 05/13/14 at 09:11:36

Yep bought on ebay and says no returns or exchanges and it is as pictured. But now looking through all the pics there are some that have like a V mount and some that have mount with holes side by side.... I'm listing on here for sale or trade. Smiley maybe somebody is looking for this one and has the one I need. Fingers crossed....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:22:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LS650 vs SV650 starter?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.