carb tuning ? (Read 48 times)
redpiranha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ct
carb tuning ?
04/27/14 at 12:40:23

I've read most all of the carb tuning posts here but I still have a couple of questions. I've done the white spacer mod and now have just 2 washers in place of the white plastic stock one. I'm just not sure how this mod works ? it seems to me when looking at the setup that the clip on the needle keeps it from going down into the slide and the plate on top just holds it all in. so how does changing the spacer actually change anything ? It doesn't seem to adjust the depth of the needle at all . What am I missing ? Also I have a K&N filter and a cherry bomb muffler with and added baffle for some back pressure and that's about all the performance mods at this point.  I have a 155 main and 55 pilot jet yet I still have a surge at full throttle. Is it possible my main jet is still to small  ?  I had a 150 jet in it before this with just the K&N filter and it seemed fine then I added this elbow to get some intake length back and it surged so I put in the 155 and its a little better but still there. It does seem to have gained some bottom end torque though.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: carb tuning ?
Reply #1 - 04/27/14 at 13:07:43

redpiranha wrote on 04/27/14 at 12:40:23:
I've done the white spacer mod and now have just 2 washers in place of the white plastic stock one. I'm just not sure how this mod works ? it seems to me when looking at the setup that the clip on the needle keeps it from going down into the slide and the plate on top just holds it all in.  so how does changing the spacer actually change anything ? It doesn't seem to adjust the depth of the needle at all . What am I missing ?

you sure you got it set up right? spacer goes between the clip on the needle and the plate on top.  by thinning up the spacer, you raise the needle, this opens up the needle jet faster when you twist the throttle.
Quote:
Also I have a K&N filter and a cherry bomb muffler with and added baffle for some back pressure and that's about all the performance mods at this point.  I have a 155 main and 55 pilot jet yet I still have a surge at full throttle. Is it possible my main jet is still to small  ?  I had a 150 jet in it before this with just the K&N filter and it seemed fine then I added this elbow to get some intake length back and it surged so I put in the 155 and its a little better but still there. It does seem to have gained some bottom end torque though.

It's a nice looking elbow, but it'll add turbulence right before the carb.
try swinging it to one side rather than down.
and make sure the opening in the top carb inlet isn't blocked.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/27/14 at 13:23:25

and make sure the opening in the top carb inlet isn't blocked.

This has been a problem for several here.POp the elbow off & have a look.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
redpiranha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ct
Reply #3 - 04/27/14 at 13:51:40

I just took a look and it indeed looks like the top opening was blocked . I'm off to fix that and go for a quick ride .

IP Logged
redpiranha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ct
Reply #4 - 04/27/14 at 14:59:10

Thanks guys that was it after a little tweaking  it's running great .There was a small lip that was partially blocking the top off the carb .

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:39:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb tuning ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.