Follow the money...... (Read 33 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Follow the money......
04/27/14 at 07:24:15

Here is a list of campaign donors in order of graft, er, I mean contributions.
Such a tidy sum, eh, and it is only the top few corporations, not PAC's.
Where does it all go?
To the f'ing media who report stories in a manner that continues to shake down more money from candidates as they harvest the dissension, turning it to gold.

We need two things that would right this mess in a hurry.....

A flat rate consumption tax at state and federal levels where everybody pays regardless of status. No tax shelters or write-offs, none.

A single party election, no primaries or party affiliations. Example, the presidential election, most votes becomes president, second votes, vice president, no Electoral College, no more states getting advantage because of that.....  

A free press does not mean they are free to do whatever they like. They should be held to a higher standard of liable where they do damage by misleading reporting, or hell, outright lying like Dan Rather's did  Shocked

Golly, that was three  Grin

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Follow the money......
Reply #1 - 04/27/14 at 10:56:48

Fox went to court to Prove they had the right to lie. NOT be simply protected from damages if they were just wrong, but, here is a business that is in business, purportedly, to inform the people, yet, they want the courts to tell them they are protected under the 1st amendment & are allowed to tell lies, knowingly,, Now, I have a lawyer,, I pay the lawyer, but if he knowingly lies to me,, he is in trouble,, Are the viewers of Fox not "paying" them? Thats what they show commercials for,. IF in fact the $$$ that keeps them afloat Is Not from the people who watch, then where is it coming from? Are they not legally expected to at least TRY to tell the truth, since the product they are selling is information?
Fair & Balanced
We report, you decide.

Isnt the term "report" a word used when someone is telling us about what is happening? NOwhere do they actually say
This program is intended for entertainment purposes only.
In fact, they do their best to convince people that theyre getting the unvarnished TRUTH.
Well,, heres what happens to reporters who TRY to offer the truth,.,

http://www.infowars.com/explosive-what-really-happened-to-sharyl-attkisson-at...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Follow the money......
Reply #2 - 04/28/14 at 07:32:14

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/27/14 at 10:56:48:
Fox went to court to Prove they had the right to lie. NOT be simply protected from damages if they were just wrong, but, here is a business that is in business, purportedly, to inform the people, yet, they want the courts to tell them they are protected under the 1st amendment & are allowed to tell lies, knowingly,, Now, I have a lawyer,, I pay the lawyer, but if he knowingly lies to me,, he is in trouble,, Are the viewers of Fox not "paying" them? Thats what they show commercials for,. IF in fact the $$$ that keeps them afloat Is Not from the people who watch, then where is it coming from? Are they not legally expected to at least TRY to tell the truth, since the product they are selling is information?
Fair & Balanced
We report, you decide.

Isnt the term "report" a word used when someone is telling us about what is happening? NOwhere do they actually say
This program is intended for entertainment purposes only.
In fact, they do their best to convince people that theyre getting the unvarnished TRUTH.
Well,, heres what happens to reporters who TRY to offer the truth,.,

http://www.infowars.com/explosive-what-really-happened-to-sharyl-attkisson-at...

/agree this is what I have heard of Fox as well. However, I base my current opinion of them based on a non-political story in which they got caught making stuff up. They did pull the story, but never re-canted.

All TV news = entertainment .. not factual reporting

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 18:51:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Follow the money......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.