Send Topic Print
Whooppie! (Read 66 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Whooppie!
04/25/14 at 00:52:51

Well,, I Just MAY have won the fight.. I dumped Mozilla ( & several other Pgms, HP printer stuff) & reloaded Mozilla. Total PITA, Explorer wouldnt let me do Anything..Kept sayin my security was set so that pages wouldnt display, I hadda go thru the security line by lane, allowing this & that, not knowing if I was being a dummy  ,, took 2 trips thru & once it would let me load Mozilla it still wouldnt even let me open Yahoo Mail..
Ive got 5 windows open & CPU usage isnt hitting 20%. By now, before all this, I would have been sitting at 50% or more & it would be SLOW..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Re: Whooppie!
Reply #1 - 04/25/14 at 04:32:08

glad you got it figured out...
I haven't used Int Explor for years now, firefox and Opera are the two I use..
I set the browser to erase ALL cookies when browser is closed, seems to help keep garbage off my PC

I also do malware scans twice monthly, manual scan though, nothing automatic

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 04/25/14 at 06:46:37

Congratz!!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 04/25/14 at 09:01:04

I Hadda use IE to get Firefox reloaded.. I went back & reset security to default levels so I wouldnt hafta go line by line.

How do I set it to kill cookies?
How do I get it to open a new tab & it not just be a blank space? I want it to open to Startpage ( Not Google). Its been up & running all nite,,& its still fast! Woo HOOO..

&, I FINALLY figured out the ?, OF..

RU ( RED) E.. It hit me a coupla days ago.. Yea,, Im that slow, but when something confuses me, I kinda do a back burner thing on it,,
Looks like Im in the clear for now,, Im considering doing it just fer giggles now,, since Im using XP & since XP may get obsoleted, I mite should prepare to have another OS to use.. right? Or no?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 04/25/14 at 09:10:29

Yeah the other OS thing is what I am experimenting with... also the "chrome" browser in hopes that it will provide a little more protection than IE.

Have an old Compaq Presario that I was going to give to the sis-in-law cause her laptop failed, and was going to do the other OS on it, but chrome browser will have security updates for XP machines, or so I've been lead to believe.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/25/14 at 10:45:25

Hey, Old Feller, I really Thank YOu for burning & sending that disk. Im sorry I never had the guts to fire it up. I thot for sure last nite I was Skrude when I couldnt get Explorer to let me open or access anything.,.I didnt have the phone numbers I wished I had, & I had no way of getting online. Took me a coupla hours to get the first step, I wuz Skeert! Anyway, Thank YOU, I really appreciate your efforts. I hope youre not upset that I didnt use it. I MAY yet,, I dunno,, right now, its working like new again,, Yippeee!

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #6 - 04/25/14 at 11:52:50

I ditched them all and went to Opera, it took a little getting used to but works great for me now Smiley

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #7 - 04/25/14 at 15:58:34

Dane Allen wrote on 04/25/14 at 11:52:50:
I ditched them all and went to Opera, it took a little getting used to but works great for me now Smiley

Opera is my browser of choice, if a file won't open with opera I use firefox

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 19:03:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Whooppie!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.