Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Meet "Sam"... updated pics... (Read 179 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Meet "Sam"... updated pics...
Reply #15 - 05/06/14 at 07:52:26

I gotta say, I like it. It looks like a bike thats friendly to ride,,BUT,, I have a Pritty fair grasp of "You", & I find it just a bit odd that theres still so much shiny stuff & ( I know, weve talked about this) & that Chrome TRash Can muffler still hangin there,, Ill be truly shocked if there arent some changes in less than a year. Or are ya hangin onto that muffler to keep the MPG as high as possible? Thatd make sense considering the commute,, My girl was able to get 51 MPG with the Dyna, Stage One cam, & the jetting. I could manage 49, but, I didnt spend that much time "at speed" & I didnt have a windscreen & I am not 6'2 with size 14 boots working as air brakes, either,, I dunno if running the road in 5th with that load would be easier on gas than running me down country roads & playing in the corners & accelerating the way I did. I would expect that if the cam stayed stock & a guy rode "intelligently" he could keep the MPG up pretty good,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #16 - 05/06/14 at 10:12:05

Looking good!

I still say those small saddle bags are about the perfect size ( visually) for the bike. BTW the nylon rain protectors are in the pockets. They have never been used.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 05/07/14 at 09:17:43

Memphis PD and Shelby County SD, not to mention the State Patrol, are cracking down on bikes around here. "Trash can" muffler is staying. I get friendly waves from the police instead of pulled over.

Turn signals, mufflers and dual mirrors are NOT currently required in TN, but, I use them anyway. They see this bike almost every day, they seem to think it is pretty much 100% legal as is, so... not tempting fate with Sam.

The orange/cream one has had county mounties pull into the yard to take a closer look at it, and it's in pieces. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will draw way too much attention with its loud pipe. I drove the truck behind Lancer, Verslagen, MMRanch and Doug on his 1500 Drifter with barely baffled straight shots... sounded like a cross between CR500 night at the vintage dirt bike races and an entire squadron of WW2 fighters warming up... could hear them for miles when we got separated at a couple traffic lights.

Red rear signals should be here in a couple days. Hopefully will balance the flasher draw, right now the fronts flash bright and fast, both rears flash dim when either side is switched. Wired correctly, not enough wattage to make the flasher relay work correctly. Takes a 3amp mini bulb, the new ones in route can fit the stock bulbs...

And have to swap license plate fasteners with Lisa. She doesn't like the bomb fin ones on her bike anymore. Going to slap the 800 Intruder back together and haul it to the local race shop, even the stealerships send real work his way. Electrical gremlin that is beyond me, Intruder Alert AND the Marauder-Intruder Group combined...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:22:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Meet "Sam"... updated pics...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.