Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stator side gasket leak? (Read 68 times)
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Stator side gasket leak?
04/21/14 at 10:26:20

So I've noticed that i have a small oil leak on the stator side of my bike...16,000 miles and my first leak.
Anyway, I'm not looking forward to pulling off everything to see where it's coming from but  guess I might have to.
It appears to be leaking from the cover bolt on the stator just above the shift lever connection.
My question is...
Is it time to pull the cover off and install a new gasket (they are torqued to spec) or is it possible there is a seal at the shaft of the shift lever that has gone bad?
Thanks!
P.S. it leaks about 6 drops of oil a day so nothing major just tired of putting a rag under it. Undecided

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Stator side gasket leak?
Reply #1 - 04/21/14 at 10:42:39

It's probably weeping where the stator wires come out...
You could try a little squirt of RTV into that area,... maybe a gentle snug of the bolts around there...

... or,.. you got a job ahead...

...(whenever you do replace the stator cover... smear a dab of RTV around that wire plug area)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 04/21/14 at 11:32:56

Where I'm looking there are no wires coming out. It's directly under the where the shift lever shaft enters into the crankcase. I was wondering if maybe there is a rubber washer or crush gasket under any of the stator cover bolts?
thx!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/22/14 at 05:20:54

Just a one piece gasket under there...

The wires do come out, directly above that shift shaft...
There is a square, slotted, rubber plug with 5 wires coming out... they run under the front belt pulley and up to yer' rectifier...(you have to pull the pulley cover to see them)...

I'd try a light snug on the bolts in that area... if it don't fix it, you gotta' replace the gasket...

(HINT..when replacing that gasket... fix it to the crankcase then attach the cover... don't fix it to the cover then attach it to the case... you'll booger the gasket wiggling the cover in place)...
Ask me how I know... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 04/22/14 at 06:21:21

Thx Serow...I'll take a look this weekend...i need to change the oil and filter anyway so I might as well poke around and see what I can see...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:20:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stator side gasket leak?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.