Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pines superslab ride and a few firsts (Read 53 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Pines superslab ride and a few firsts
04/21/14 at 08:11:51

I needed to go visit my daughter in Oxofrd MS from down here in Jackson MS. Its a straight up 2.5 hours ride up I-55. This was my first 70mph ride for more than 50 miles, and was my first longish ride ont eh Vstar 1100.

I found out, that unlike my our beloved Savage... the 11 to 1 comp of the Vstar ... needs premiun gas... sure she will run on the normal stuff.. but she aint happy on it. At $3.89/gal... my hoped for gas savings kinda left me flat.

The Vstar is very happy at 70, but a little happier at 80. At 100, its super stable but very windy! Then theres the gas... soo yeah 70   Shocked

IT was a there and back trip in one afternoon. Ride was very good. They have the bumps knocked down for now. Yes my shoulders were tired and the booty... had the burn.  i was one tired puppy when i got home.  AHHHHHHH spring at last!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Pines superslab ride and a few firsts
Reply #1 - 04/21/14 at 09:51:04

Pine:

Your trip sounds very much like the one I made the week before.  My Honda ST1100 and I went on our first round trip last Saturday.  The interstate portion was 240 miles with just one stop on the way.  I was warned the day before that the group would not be making stops....so I stopped drinking anything the night before around 8 PM.  We cruised along with the traffic that was running between 70 and 80 mph.  The morning ride was about 4 hours.....then a couple of hours of walking around.  The ride back was country roads taken at a brisk pace and took 6 hours with a couple of stops for gas and stretching.  We rode 560 miles total.

My fanny was tired really tired that last hour...not sure if I need a gel seat or just to toughen up by doing a bit more riding.  The bike ran great and wanted more.....I had enough for the day!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Pines superslab ride and a few firsts
Reply #2 - 04/21/14 at 11:27:01

Pine you were the only one on MS rounds yesterday.  I road down to the Gulf Coast, 440 miles round trip.  Not as long as yours Dave, but a good haul.  It was nice to see some rebuilding after Katrina; although, It will never be the same.  The houses they were constructing were about 25 ft off the ground and a whole of cement was being used.  I can’t imagine how much it would coast to insure something these days.  I had some fresh gumbo and mahi mahi then back on the road.  A real nice day. Smiley

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:20:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pines superslab ride and a few firsts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.