Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
new symptom my clutch began to slip today (Read 205 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Yes, I have been butthurt
Reply #15 - 04/22/14 at 12:21:14

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1270678838/0

Neat thing about having gone through the clutch thing a bazillion times is that we have the very best ones recorded..

« Last Edit: 04/28/14 at 22:41:44 by Serowbot »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #16 - 04/22/14 at 20:30:11

My clutch slips in 3rd and 4th gear under heavy acceleration.  Other than that, it's fine. I just roll on the power instead of romping down on it at 60 and all is well.

I know it's a different problem than yours.  Just saying I don't know what to do for it either.  That's why I haven't ventured a guess.  Although, the little rocking thingy inside the case does sound plausible especially with the amount of slack varying on you.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 04/22/14 at 20:40:10

Under WFO acceleration... I believe it is normal to get a second or so of slip going into higher gears as the plates have time to engage...
I like to call this..."Dang'it what's wrong with this thing?"... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 04/23/14 at 12:26:44

If youre not letting it tach down & just fanning the clutch & grabbing a gear, it MITE slip a tad, but if it starts tachin up & not accelerating at high speeds in high gear, youve got a booger,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #19 - 04/24/14 at 19:35:50

Lots of good responses here.  Seems like everybody is on the same page.  Sorry you didn't get more attention before.

Sometimes to become an oldtimer you have to find a problem that nobody has the answer to.  Then you have to dig, research, and blaze the trail.  We might not always have the answer, but we'll definitely support you if you've got to go in.

Wink

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re:  new symptom my clutch began to slip today
Reply #20 - 04/28/14 at 22:58:59

Relevant advice from Greg's Cafe' thread, have been spliced into this thread,.. to consolidate info on this problem...
Best luck, Greg...
Update us with any new progress, info, or symptoms...
We do want to be as helpful as possible...
- Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 04/29/14 at 03:57:54

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1398682819/0#13

Polled the situation with "Touchy Clutches", there isn't much there in reality.   Replowed the ground with the adjustment details again.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 04/29/14 at 05:13:31

I currently have a stock clutch, a modified engine, and tall gearing.  I have never had any clutch slip as long as the throttle is released between shifts, and the clutch lever is fully released before you grab a hand full of throttle.

I do believe I have experienced a slip once of twice prior to the engine being fully warmed up.  Also if I get in a hurry and apply full throttle prior to the clutch lever being fully engaged....the clutch will slip until you let off the throttle and let the clutch engage.  The clutch just doesn't have enough grab to stop the slipping once it starts when full throttle is applied.

I bought some Barnett Kevlar discs and will put them in some day, and I have some EBC 10% stronger springs to install - but if I make sure not to apply full throttle until the clutch is fully engaged......I never have any problems.

The stock clutch is adequate to handle a stock engine and gearing, and if you are having slippage under application of throttle alone - then you either have an adjustment issue....or plates contaminated with friction modifiers from engine oil that isn't compatible with a wet clutch.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:39:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new symptom my clutch began to slip today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.