ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Body armor
Reply #45 - 06/27/14 at 14:07:28

Steve H wrote on 06/24/14 at 16:32:42:
Good point Vers.  I've been meaning to ask, is there a way to make the board scale the pic to viewable size or is it something that has to be done before uploading it?

no way that I know of.

I've had a number of rocks bounced off my head so I'll wear a full face when I'm on the superslab and I feel like I need neck protector like hockey goalies wear.

but helmets need to be lighter

WWW   IP Logged
iRocco
YaBB Newbies

Fear is never
boring!

Crystal Lake, IL
Reply #46 - 06/27/14 at 14:28:34

WD, you sound like the character Quint from Jaws explaining why he'd never wear a life jacket again.  I respect your choice bro, but don't be a hater. I wear a FF and maybe it will kill me in a wreck. But even if I could 100% guarantee that I'd never be in a wreck, it's worth it to keep the bugs, wind, stones, etc., out of my eyes and mouth. The first time I ever rode, a rock was kicked up by a car in front of me and probably would have at least temporarily impaired my vision. So with those odds in mind, I am wearing a FF.

'97 LS60 Savage
1647 miles
Presumed stock
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #47 - 06/29/14 at 16:30:26

I ride mostly around a ton of farms/fields.  Some of the billion bugs a second are as big as a baseball (or at least they sound like it when they commit suicide on my helmet).  Without a FF I would probably be bruised and blind by now.  Part of my ritual after I ride is to scrape the 10 lbs of bug guts off my helmet.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:28:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Body armor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.