Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Checks stolen...miss delivered... used (Read 369 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Checks stolen...miss delivered... used
Reply #30 - 07/10/14 at 13:59:31

As of today I'll be joining Old Rider as a target of fraud.  So far they haven't actually gotten any of my money.  Somebody got my name and my credit card number and made some purchases.  One online vendor got suspicious and called me.  The person made the order, used their coupons and specified express shipping to their address but with my name.

They wouldn't give me the address, privacy rules she said.  Then I called the bank that covers that card and they were busy cancelling other orders that were for fairly large amounts and to different addresses than my own.  So I get a new number and hopefully that will be the end of it.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
kennemarv1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

daytona beach, fl
Reply #31 - 07/10/14 at 17:28:58

I, too, have just been contacted by my credit card company regarding fraudulent internet charges.  I'm told I am not liable for the charges (a couple of large ones and a bunch of small ones) but the account was closed and re-opened under a new number.  I only used the card a couple of times, it looks like the account was hacked via an internet purchase. I will make sure to look over my statements more frequently, the small charges added up to a pretty decent amount of money, but I might have missed them if the card issuer hadn't flagged the bigger amounts.  Be alert!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #32 - 07/13/14 at 16:38:54

The sad thing is we pay for the crooks success in higher prices to cover the insurance etc.  It really stinks they don't cut off the crooks hands on t.v.  and then throw them into a crocodile pit.  Yes, I know that would be cruel and unusual for the crocs; but hey...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:14:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Checks stolen...miss delivered... used

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.