Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Checks stolen...miss delivered... used (Read 369 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Checks stolen...miss delivered... used
Reply #15 - 04/19/14 at 13:50:00

Service stations won't take them over here, unless it's a small rural one and you've known the owner since 1950.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #16 - 04/19/14 at 19:46:10

Sigh... sorry to hear all this Old_Rider, such a pain in the arse!!

Best of luck straightening this mess out man   Angry

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 04/20/14 at 03:23:21

Just got another notice in the mail from the bank.... they wrote another $965.00 check.... sigh..... my name is going to be mud in Atlanta.... least that's the only location for the name they are paying cash to.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #18 - 04/21/14 at 04:58:13

MMRanch wrote on 04/18/14 at 12:47:08:
Hangings to good for em !

Low-Life-Scum-Suckers !

My vote is "Bring Capital Punishment" to cases where these type of Scum-Suckers are involved ... Take em out of the jean pool befor they can reproduce !

This is one area where the musulems are way ahead of us.

Smiley

agreed.. my wife teaches in a reform school (they don't call it that anymore) The teens enrolled are forced to go, they refuse to learn, they threaten my wife while she's desperately trying to help..

My dad was a life long cop and he said there are too many victim-less offenders locked up and not enough predators behind bars..

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 04/21/14 at 08:20:08

old_rider wrote on 04/20/14 at 03:23:21:
Just got another notice in the mail from the bank.... they wrote another $965.00 check.... sigh..... my name is going to be mud in Atlanta.... least that's the only location for the name they are paying cash to.

Do they still have your checks in their possesion and still writing them....or is this a check that was just a little slow making it to the bank?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #20 - 04/22/14 at 10:09:56

They have a whole box of my checks.... the check company sent them to the wrong address or the DHL driver delivered them to the wrong address, I have to find out which.

I called the lawyer, who told me to call the local sheriff (rural area), they told me that if I can prove the checks were stolen, they would get involved, but only fraud can be filled at the moment against the folks that are cashing them.

Told me that the FBI will be involved after $10,000.00 but so far its only $3,300.00

I will have to set up an appointment with my banks to see what they area going to do other than reject the checks (after changing all my bank information).

I am supposed to ask them where the checks are being cashed (specifically), so I can call the banks and notify them that I am not writing the checks, so those banks can prosecute.

They are spreading the check #'s out, using them out of two or three different books.

So far I haven't been called by anyone wanting money for the bad checks, but since my bank gave me a "stop check" paper dated the 10th of april and all the checks were written after that I am not liable.

I am so fed up with this stuff right now...... somebody is going to pay for my trouble.... even if it is the company that makes the checks or DHL.

At the moment it is being left up to me to "clear" my name. At my last job before I had to start fighting cancer I was being paid $26 bucks an hour....guess I should start keeping track of my time.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 04/22/14 at 18:04:30

Seems weird that the bank knows where the checks were sent, and that people are writing bad checks, and they can't just go get the remaining checks back?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #22 - 04/22/14 at 22:53:41

Yeah, I said the same thing, the checks were all written on the 14th and 15th.... six so far now, total went up today as two more were written, now its $5,200.00

Hope they hit ten grand..... then I get to call the FBI....

Going to the auditing section of my bank tomorrow and see how much information they will give me, so I can start the legal processes.

I think I might just email the FBI and ask about check fraud and when they get involved.

LOL! I went to the FBI site and guess what? There is a local satellite office within a 10 minute drive from my house! Cool

After I visit my bank auditing dept. tomorrow I will stop by the office and see if anyone is there to give me some heads up on what to do.
Couldn't hurt....

Smiley

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 04/23/14 at 08:53:51

Well, talked to the bank over the phone.... hehe, they called me this morning, appointment set up for Friday, and the wife has to go too.

Apparently they signed her name also to a couple of checks Sad

And guess what? LOL the crook signed his name to a couple!  

Definitely from the Atlanta area... smells like crime ring type stuff, I was not the only one who had the checks stolen.

And the delivery company is looking into what is happening.... forrest park police have been notified.

I have a brick front to my house and a steel front door, but one 4 X 5 foot bedroom window.... now I have to think about boarding it up or covering it with sheet steel.

Reason? I have to sign affidavits for pressing charges through the banks saying that I was not involved (to clear my name). Criminals are involved (most likely gangs using their 20 year old crack hoe's to cash the checks) (suspected), so i'm only about five hours from Atlanta and an easy drive by and i'm not a witness anymore.

After Friday's appointment i'm calling the lawyer yet again an see who has compromised my safety, and what I can do about it.

Checks that I know about so far:  17
Amount total so far: $16,260.00

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #24 - 07/09/14 at 10:45:10

Well they are at it again...

Wrote another check for $960.00, and get this, the guy they wrote it out to used his cell phone to deposit it into his account.
I am not sure how to deal with this, guess I will call the lawyer back, so far its been about 12 people involved including the guy writing the checks, the Forrest Park (outside of Atlanta) police detective is not answering his messages from my bank fraud dept.
Hell the dude signed his name to one of the checks, I don't know why they cannot find him.
Its becoming a stomach ulcer type deal for me....i'm just waiting for the day some thugs come buy the house (address and phone number on the checks, so they know where i live) or some bully collection agent tries to break down my door or handcuff my wife.
Angry Angry

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 07/09/14 at 11:24:59

sounds like it's time to close the account.

WWW   IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #26 - 07/09/14 at 11:56:54

Its becoming a stomach ulcer type...

Been there, dealing with another kind of criminal organization who inhabit tall, shiny buildings in big cities, that is, a health insurance company.

I ended up visiting an attorney to help me. He asked me to sit down in front of his big desk, and the first question out of his mouth was "How much money have you contributed to a political campaign in this state in the last 24 months?"

I replied, "What's that got to do with this?"

He said, "Well, pretty much everything, because the insurance companies own the state legislature."

And then he laid out his strategy for dealing with them, which worked for paying about 98.5% of $40,000+ worth of bills, after 18 months and a couple bill collectors getting nasty. After it got down to a few hundred $$, I just paid the rest off.

It's amazing how you can go into a hospital, and 27 different people can legally bill you. I think even the janitor charged a few grand for emptying the trash can in the operating room. I think a few just walked by the door and decided to bill just for peeking in.

Sad thing is, even after insurance had paid some one medical provider, they sent the bill collectors after me. It took three months of hassle, and then finally, one of the girls that you talk to on the phone said this to me, "Oh, I checked the other computer system, and the insurance payment is recorded there.  I'll call the bill collectors and tell them to stop collection."

Collection stopped.  The other computer system, dontchaknow.

If I operated under as poor of business ethics as them, I'd be in prison for fraud.  Mainly because I don't have a lobbyist.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #27 - 07/09/14 at 13:23:10

verslagen1 wrote on 07/09/14 at 11:24:59:
sounds like it's time to close the account.

The set of checks "lost in transit" were five packs of 50, a whole box.
The account was closed but apparently no one has found the checks and folks keep writing them.
I have to keep going to the bank and signing paperwork to say that I didn't write them, its getting very annoying and time consuming and gas consuming.
I talked to my lawyer when it originally happened and he told me to call the local police and file a report, did that....
Since the DHL company lost them, they started an investigation to make sure the driver was not involved.
They will not call or answer calls from my bank either.
I am thinking about suing DHL and whomever has the checks for emotional distress, besmirching my name ect...... but its going to cost me.
I have never sued or pressed charges against anyone, even the guy that pulled a knife on me at a gas station. (I just reached behind me and told they guy he should go on about his way, then told the gas station clerk, who called the cops, who asked if I wanted to press charges).
But this is a different story, three of the guys when I looked them up in Atlanta, have drug charges, weapons charges, murder charges all kinds of felony stuff AND THAT IS WHY I am a little concerned for our safety.
Only five hours to Atlanta from here.
If I press charges or file a report and they find out the person with the checks is the one who sicked the cops on them ..... well, they have my address...  Sad

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 07/09/14 at 21:42:15

Old Rider
Don't you have the other fellers address too ?   It seems to me , that they should be sweating it out that you don't "Look-them-up" ...  Angry   Bunch of Druggies (wouldn't be Druggies-if they had anything between their ears).

or

Do nothing:

Its not costing you anything at this point , so maybe you should trust the good Lord and your pocket pistol to keep things right !

Go find a Lawyer who will try anything and put em on the case -- heck give the lawyer a 50/50 split on the take and let them go at it !  Wink

This story is better than watching TV !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #29 - 07/10/14 at 10:01:09

Talked to the fraud guy at the bank, he seems to think that the guy who stole the checks (about 6 customers had checks stolen off the DHL truck) Is a drug running criminal... look him up, he signed a check with his name in the cash spot and on our from line....
Apparently the girls cashing the checks are all around 22-28 years old (probably his hookers, or so the bank guy thinks)
His name is Lorenzo Gaston, from around the Atlanta area, I can't get an address, but it looks like he got picked up a month ago and has yet to be released
I looked him up at this site
http://justice.fultoncountyga.gov/PAJailManager/default.aspx
Also he wrote a check to a guy named Daniel Wilson, i'm thinking its this guy Daneil Carlton Wilson

Names on the checks coincide with folks in and around Atlanta...

The last guy used his cell phone.... just last week... so Lorenzo is in jail and his buddy Daniel must be writing the checks now. Angry

Oh, and the total money in stolen checks has gone over $100,000.00
mine is now at $17,000.00

What gets me is, the banks have camera's and people need an account there to cash checks and Photo ID's! Why have they not all been rounded up?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:10:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › Checks stolen...miss delivered... used

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.